I just set up one of these blackberry e-mail addresses. Did I NEED to do this? Are there any advantages to setting up this e-mail in addition to the other accounts I already have on my BBerry? Just curious.
    10-01-08 06:50 PM
    You don't need to have it set up.
    10-01-08 06:54 PM
    It allows you to login to the Verizon BIS site to edit your email addresses, add filters, send service books etc.
    10-01-08 06:54 PM
    Since GMail, Yahoo (YMail) and Hotmail emails are basically delivered instantly, there is no need really.

Plus, if you create that email address, and switch carriers, you'd have to give all your friends a new email address since that one is carrier specific...
    10-01-08 07:03 PM
    Thanks for replies. Deleted it.
    10-01-08 07:15 PM
    Since GMail, Yahoo (YMail) and Hotmail emails are basically delivered instantly, there is no need really.

Plus, if you create that email address, and switch carriers, you'd have to give all your friends a new email address since that one is carrier specific...
    Yep, if you get spam on that e-mail address you are SOL...
    10-01-08 07:26 PM
    The good thing about have this address in my opinion is two fold.

1. Helps VZW tech support tech your device.

2. Not that it happens much, but if Gmail, yahoo, hotmail, other provider crashes, you at least have a spare address to get email to in an emergency. You can always hide the icon and not give out unless your primary take a dump.
    10-01-08 08:32 PM
    I have a vzw.blackberry address for that reason, but I normally use my yahoo or gmail accounts for whatever...
    10-01-08 08:36 PM
    I keep it to have one email that isnt constantly getting spammed. It also looks professional compared to a Hotmail or Yahoo! account.
    10-02-08 08:06 AM
    I have one set up but I never use it, it's just for emergencies, other than that blackberry address I just have two g-mail accounts on my phone. I used the blackberry address to get some pictures emailed to me before, because the gmail address was taking all day; it only took a few minutes to get the pictures when having it sent to the blackberry address; I still don't really know why it was so much faster.
    10-12-08 12:18 PM
    I keep it to have one email that isnt constantly getting spammed. It also looks professional compared to a Hotmail or Yahoo! account.
    I agree with you on the professional look. I have 3 email folders on my phone.

1. Blackberry email (primary)
    2. Live email (newest)
    3. Shared MSN email with wife (People from church and some family use this to email us.)
    10-13-08 09:03 PM
    I use my BB email for business and my yahoo/gmail for personal.
    10-14-08 01:26 AM
    It allows you to login to the Verizon BIS site to edit your email addresses, add filters, send service books etc.

You can actually log into the BIS site w/o having one of these.
    10-14-08 01:41 AM
    If you haven't set up your BIS account I would advise to do that. It lets you manage emails easily as well as an easy way to resend service books. A call to your service provider should help you set it up if you can't get it running.
    10-14-08 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD