Hi all. I have a Blackberry Storm2 and I just setup my vzw email and now I'm getting spam email on that account. WTF? I have never given that email address out or used it online or anything like that.
    Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I've never had this problem in the past.
    I've logged into my BIS account to see if there was a setting for spam but haven't found anything. This is really frustrating. Is VZW selling off our account info now?
    01-07-10 09:41 AM
    I have not recieved any spam on my VZW account. I never get ANY mail on that account.
    01-07-10 11:12 AM
    The only thing that be going on is this: if someone releases a user name, five days later it’s usable, so someone can use it again. You may have picked a name that someone else had and dumped......probably for spam. Because these addresses literally do not exist until they are created, and VZW does not give them out to anyone.
    01-07-10 11:47 AM
    The only thing that be going on is this: if someone releases a user name, five days later its usable, so someone can use it again. You may have picked a name that someone else had and dumped......probably for spam. Because these addresses literally do not exist until they are created, and VZW does not give them out to anyone.
    This...

And on top of that, Verizon doesn't give your away your email... That's a big no no...
    01-07-10 01:42 PM
    Thanks for all the replies. I never thought about the release of old user names. I guess I'll have to start a new account and see how that goes.
    01-08-10 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD