(cross post)
    I have used VZW for all my phone needs for the last 5 years, now I have changed jobs and my new company uses T-Mobile Win Mo or Android phones. They stated I can use my BB if I can configure it through the BIS. I tried unsuccessfully multiple times based on the info I have and wonder if I am missing something.
    To configure on WinMo or Android I enter:
    email address: firstname.lastname @ company.com
    domain: companygroup
    server: name.server.com
    username: firstintiallastname
    Password
    Domain is the only info required by the WinMo/Android set up that the BIS does not use. On WinMo it requires certificates provided by the company. On Android it does not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    10-20-10 10:32 AM
    I am pretty sure that it sounds like this is a company and blackberry needs to be set up on BES for a company like that so you can use exchange. Correct me if I am wrong even if you enter in all the information it will not work if it is a private server.
    10-20-10 10:44 AM
    Correct, ideally there needs to be a BES. I just didnt understand how it was so easily accomplished with WinMo and Android. The IT dept at the company has very lacking telecom skills and I figured if it could be done, someone at Crackberry would figure it out. I very well may be beat and need to take the company phone or an iPhone.
    10-20-10 11:34 AM
    You can setup your BB through BIS and below is a thread that shows you how. A lot of people do have trouble getting in but I use it and it works fine although you will have polled emails. You won't get BES sync just emails. I use google calendar/outlook sync to my BB for my calendar needs.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/sett...ss-bis-208151/
    Last edited by rts3k; 10-20-10 at 11:55 AM.
    10-20-10 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD