hey guys.

im running the latest official 6.0 on my BB Bold.

when going into my Email Settings, I was forced into an update. the update was to update my Email Setup Application. it redirected me through the browser to a link (vzw.blackberry....) and an OTA download of the application.

i thought i saw on another site this was required for BIS 4.0 but i always thought Verizon pushed those out via service books.

anyway, the app forced my phone into an endless reboot. after 3.5 of restoring, I attempted again, but this time it only put me into safe mode and says none of the apps can be found. i can not accept ANY email without forcing this update!!

VZW has no idea what this update is and why its doing that and said i need a new phone?? I also saw another leave a similar comment under the BIS 4.0 post on the main page the other day and no one seemed to answer his comment.

Any insight? Anyone out there? Help!
    05-18-11 05:50 PM
    Same thing happened to me. I needed to change my settings to reflect an email password change and, when launching the Email Setup app, was forced to install the update in order to proceed. Like you, the update forced my phone into an "error 606" reboot circle. I wiped my VZW 9650 with bbsak, reinstalled the OS and then restored, via DM, from a recent backup. I still can't get mail from my primary account because I can't change the password. I think I'm frustrated!
    05-18-11 06:18 PM
    do you think this is a carrier pushed update or something we have to wait for from RIM? I really wanna blame Verizon. haha.

and now this is the first time I actually wish I had native email on my PlayBook.
    05-18-11 06:52 PM
    It is NOT carrier pushed. It is totally pushed by RIM.
    05-18-11 06:58 PM
    You should be able to go to the verizon bis website and log in and change your password there. That is where I usually setup my mail instead of using the email setup app. I don't recall the address but just google "verizon bis" and you should be able to find it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    JMF5017 and shrek325 like this.
    05-18-11 09:23 PM
    I'm actually also getting the prompt for an update.
    I was going to go through with it, until I saw that it puts your device into an endless reboot.

Interested to see the outcome of this.
    05-18-11 09:30 PM
    You should be able to go to the verizon bis website and log in and change your password there. That is where I usually setup my mail instead of using the email setup app. I don't recall the address but just google "verizon bis" and you should be able to find it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ahh forgot about this work around! thanks!
    05-18-11 09:35 PM
    Even when I go through the website, I still don't receive emails.
    05-21-11 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD