Now I understand why VZW is leaking customers ...

Verizon Math Fail FAIL Blog: Pictures and Videos of Owned, Pwnd and Fail Moments
    02-10-09 07:53 AM
    are they talking about texting rates in this video?
    02-10-09 12:14 PM
    when did you hear that VZW is leaking customers? out of all the US customers they have the lowest churn rate (customers leaving).
    02-10-09 12:17 PM
    when did you hear that VZW is leaking customers? out of all the US customers they have the lowest churn rate (customers leaving).
    They heard it from a friend of their next-door neighbor's demented aunt's nurse's mother-in-law. Considering the source, wouldn't you believe it, too?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 04:22 PM
    funny.

visit this, my source, 16 STRAIGHT QUARTERS (that's four years)

Verizon Wireless Maintains Lowest Churn Rate
    02-10-09 04:56 PM
    I have been with Verizon since it was Bell South. Don't know any other wireless carrier. It just seems to make me a bit mad when I compare my bill with other carriers and they seem to be cheaper.......
    Wayne C.
    VA BCH VA
    02-10-09 08:07 PM
    Ok.....all customer churn aside, that recording is pretty pathetic and funny...

"Do you recognize that there is a difference between one dollar and one cent?"
    "Yes"
    "Do you recognize that there is a difference between a half dollar and a half cent?"
    "Yes"
    "Do you recognize there is a difference between .002 dollars and .002 cents?"
    "No"

then

"I'm trying to teach simple math here"
    "Well I'm not a mathematician. It's a difference of opinion."
    02-10-09 08:23 PM
    Classic...wonder how it turned out?

02-10-09 09:18 PM
    Listen to the audio then decide for yourself if they can calculate *anything* reliably

02-10-09 09:41 PM
    are they talking about texting rates in this video?
    Data usage I think but it doesn't really matter. Sounds like another example of "pay peanuts, hire monkeys"

02-10-09 09:45 PM
    Listen to the audio then decide for yourself if they can calculate *anything* reliably

Not sure churn rate is calculated by the same people that the guy was talking to....Pretty sure it's either calculated by corporate executives with degrees in business or calculated by 3rd parties....
    02-10-09 09:48 PM
    Data usage I think but it doesn't really matter. Sounds like another example of "pay peanuts, hire monkeys"

its not their fault tho. These ppl are having to argue and justify practices of the very company that governs what they say!

Shoot, when I spoke to a data rep about why GPS was unlocked, he actually thought it was unlocked in general for the 4.5 upgrade. When I educated him, he went back, read his bullet points and said, ohhh, it says its unlocked ONLY for BB maps and vz nav.

Then we had a nice chat about why that is and that it doesnt make any sense, especially since theres soooo many cool apps out there that use GPS for many things. He actually agreed with me saying he didn't know either and that it seemed to be that vzw is steering u to get the vz nav.

This rep was honest, very friendly, and I really appreciated that. He put it on the company and not on himself hich in itself shows good customer service. But I'm willing to bet that he would get in trouble for not speaking the way the rep in that video spoke! They have to defend the companies idiocies even if they don't agree with them themselves so a lot of these ppl are stuck btwn a rock n a hard place
    02-11-09 12:17 AM
    Leaking customers...since December 7th 2006 (when the call was made according to the person who made the call's official site). That makes sense. Wait...
    02-11-09 12:40 AM
    LOL....

Good luck getting any Verizon customer to laugh at this and realize that their company may not be as wonderful as they thought. Verizon customers seem like Apple customers, and they are loyal until the end.

"I'm teaching math here..." Its so funny to hear him sigh after these people dont get it...lol
    02-19-09 10:13 AM
    LOL....

Good luck getting any Verizon customer to laugh at this and realize that their company may not be as wonderful as they thought. Verizon customers seem like Apple customers, and they are loyal until the end.

"I'm teaching math here..." Its so funny to hear him sigh after these people dont get it...lol
    I laughed...I'm on Verizon. I still think Verizon is a great company....
    02-19-09 10:20 AM
    yea, I don't blame the reps for the bad business tactics... most of them have good common sense.

And if u listen carefully, some might even tell u that they agree when things r wrong... but shhhhhhh
    02-19-09 02:15 PM
    Well if you can and did laugh, thats awesome and I stand corrected.

I see too many Verizon fans on the Storm forums who defend it like its part of their family and it is silly. T-Mobile is not perfect either, no one is. If this was a T rep, and God knows they exist, I would laugh just as hard.
    02-20-09 12:16 AM
    i think verizon is great as well, this message is irrelevant thought being that vzw charges 1.99 per MB on dumbphones and know you have to have a unlimited data feature on smartphones and blackberrys. i know my stuff in store anyway. customer care reps are in and out of a job usually around three weeks, talk to a real vzw tech or a in-store salesperson, they will give you the best answers.
    02-21-09 06:10 PM
    i think verizon is great as well, this message is irrelevant thought being that vzw charges 1.99 per MB on dumbphones and know you have to have a unlimited data feature on smartphones and blackberrys. i know my stuff in store anyway. customer care reps are in and out of a job usually around three weeks, talk to a real vzw tech or a in-store salesperson, they will give you the best answers.
    Ah yes, but dumb phones can have unlim data for $15 a month with VZW. Called v-cast v-pak. covers everything for data transport on a dumb phone.
    02-21-09 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD