I'm looking into getting a blackberry and am getting conflicting information from various reps. Hopefully someone here can help.

I was looking at signing up for the $99.99 blackberry plan (900 minutes, internet, email). My BB would have to be set up through my office's BES server. The question is: would this BES set-up lead to an additional charge on my bill, or is it included when you purchase a bundled minutes/blackberry plan?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
    12-09-08 10:05 AM
    My understanding is that their $45 data plan is required for BES, rather than their $30 data plan. I assume the $30 plan is what is packaged in the $100 package you're looking at? If so, you're looking at an added $15 / month.

BTW, the $45 data plan is the option I chose, and BES activation went fine with my Storm.
    12-09-08 11:16 AM
    If you want to go through BES you have to have the 45 Data plan. If you dont want to have it on BES you can still get your emails will just have to go a different way to get them.
    12-09-08 11:41 AM
    I saw a post on here (that I can't seem to find again) that said if you get the combined messaging and phone plan (Nationwide Phone & Email), there's no additional charge for BES. Can someone please confirm?
    12-09-08 12:56 PM
    I saw a post on here (that I can't seem to find again) that said if you get the combined messaging and phone plan (Nationwide Phone & Email), there's no additional charge for BES. Can someone please confirm?
    Any of the Nationwide Email plans include voice and BES access for a Blackberry.

A Nationwide Email and Messaging plan includes voice, BES and unlimited messaging (txt/pix/flix)
    12-09-08 10:35 PM
    Thanks for your help!
    12-10-08 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD