I just logged into the Verizon site to check my minutes, I've talked a lot this month so wanted to be sure that I wasn't going to go over. At the bottom of the page I noticed that the data usage bar was yellow, so I checked it, too, and it says that I've used 4944 kb of 5000. If I go over, it said I'd be charged an additional $79 this month. Holy crap, that's a lot of money.

I called cust svc right away and the guy said that my unlimited plan is supposed to be just that, unlimited. He said if I get charged to call back and they'd back it out. If I hadn't noticed it would be expensive.

Has anyone else here dealt with this?

I gotta be honest, I love my berry, and I also love the VZW network. I never drop calls or miss messages, and the calls are always clear. I'm seriously considering dropping them because of the expense. I know that excellent service costs, but it looks to me like I could have the same phone for about half the cost if I switched to Tmo. That's becoming more attractive.
    09-14-08 02:14 PM
    To answer your questions if you have the 29.99 email and web for blackberry or the 44.99 data package for blackberry it is unlimited, the yellow bar is just kind of there and doesn't really indicate anything, just kidna a default, i bet youd see it next month too!
    09-14-08 03:09 PM
    I just checked mine and I always seem to go over for some reason but never been charged. It seems pointless to have that because I think VZW only offers unlimited data, but of course I can be wrong. Just check your bill and make sure you don't get charged extra.
    09-14-08 03:29 PM
    I am on the 29.99 BB plan. I just checked mine. After logging in online and going to "My Services" and then "My Usage" on the left I got my allowances of minutes, texts, and data. Data shows usage is in KB, usage is 32 MB as of right now, and my allowance shows Unlimited. This is as of like 8pm on Friday. This would be something I would address for sure. At least get a call log record number or something.

I feel like it is worth noting that I am on the 450 minute plan (39.99) and the BIS BB plan (29.99 Unlimited data\email) I get a corporate discount of 20% so my monthly bill is about $75 after discount and taxes and stuff. Considering I have used 32,548.24 KB worth of data, a 5 MB data plan would leave me with A LOT of data overages.
    Last edited by jdubau55; 09-14-08 at 06:31 PM.
    09-14-08 06:27 PM
    I just checked mine and it says: "107,237.56 KB Used, Unlimited Data Allowance

According to Webster's: "Unlimited (adj) without limits, restrictions, or controls".
    09-14-08 06:56 PM
    I have unlimited and billing is as agreed upon. I will check usage later as I surf a lot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-08 07:20 PM
    Unlimited is unlimited. I guarantee you no matter what the estimate is for your data usage on your blackberry rather you check it at my verizon or #data on your phone, the amount you are quoted will not exceed unlimited! The yellow bar is the default for unlimited plans.
    09-15-08 04:23 PM
    Unlimited doesn't mean is unlimited forever. If your data usage goes over 5gb a month, you will probably get an alert/warning. Read the fine print on the $29.99 and $44.99 data plan, I am sure you can find more detailed explanation of what "unlimited" means.
    09-15-08 04:30 PM
    The 5GB cap is for tethering.

C

VZW employee
    09-17-08 07:30 AM
    I am over but not billed overage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-08 08:14 AM
    CMSmith is correct: the data you access via the phone is unlimited, but you have a 5GB/month cap for tethering.
    09-17-08 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD