08-17-11 05:35 AM
34 12
tools
    All I can say is that I have been as patient as humanly possible. I have waited and waited to get a new release of a phone (after I bought two Tours a year and a number of months ago) and just recently I have bought two 64 gig Playbooks to use in the hope new BBerry's would have been released shortly after the relese of the PB or a few months thereafter.

You are killing me in the fact that you can not get your new product innovation in gear and produce new phones. I am honestly ready do dump you for Android based systems b/c you don't innovate and Android based systems are coming thru the pipeline like crazy. Serioulsy here, get something through the pipeline please sooner than later!!!

Is there a issue with service providers expecting something that can not be produced now? I am a small business owner and wld kill this market with new innovation if had the chance to run your new product development side of business. Please Please innovate or pm me and I'll tell you how to do it quickly, efficiently and profitably.

Anthony
    Last edited by aspenedelen; 05-22-11 at 12:45 PM.
    05-21-11 10:21 PM
    My BBerry Tour died and since there is no new BBerry out for VZW I bought a six month old Droid X and I have to say the Droid X is a killer smartphone compared to the Tour. Granted, I don't have BBM but the things you can do on the Droid vs Tour are truely amazing. Sorry, BB. Maybe you ought to learn how to get new products through the pipeline a little faster.
    06-01-11 06:37 PM
    Hardly an issue with Verizon IMO. They seem to be doing fine with releasing updated and fast technology from manufactures that actually release it. Unlike RIM, Motorola, Samsung, HTC and even LG seem to be doing just fine bringing the latest and greatest and Verizon is doing fine releasing it. RIM is the one dragging behind, even it's last release, the Torch, was behind the times. I'm sure when they decide to make a phone that can compete with today's offerings, Verizon will sell it.
    06-02-11 01:00 PM
    Uhm, motorola is having their own problems releasing phones...
    06-02-11 01:22 PM
    The Bionic? uh huh and? Moto isn't the phone the OP is talking about is it....stay focused.
    06-02-11 04:59 PM
    You made a generalized statement that RIM has problems releasing hardware in general. For someone criticizing staying focused you might not want to make sweeping generalizations.
    06-02-11 05:38 PM
    RIM has a long history of lacking innovation or cutting edge products stretching at least from when the first iPhone came out and turned the smart phone world on its ear.

This thread is about RIM not making innovative/competitive things. The Bold may as well not even be considered innovative since it was for all intents and purposes a Tour.

Motorola not getting one product released on time pales in comparison to RIM's blatant refusal to make competitive products at all for years now and still pushing release dates back from time to time. That's not the topic though.
    06-02-11 08:23 PM
    its killing me too! my tour is about to die! and i am waiting to upgrade to the bold touch
    06-03-11 04:46 PM
    You made a generalized statement that RIM has problems releasing hardware in general. For someone criticizing staying focused you might not want to make sweeping generalizations.
    But oddly enough we're talking about RIM, so making any comment about RIM would be staying on topic. Stay focused.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-11 05:59 PM
    Motorola not getting one product released on time pales in comparison to RIM's blatant refusal to make competitive products at all for years now and still pushing release dates back from time to time. That's not the topic though.
    Motorola has a longer history than that, but OK....
    06-03-11 06:12 PM
    Verizon is doing just fine. RIM put too much into the PB and keeps falling further behind in the handset market IMO. Just saw the Touch 2 specs, no dual core processor, display isn't anywhere near it's competitors, no 4G/LTE, and no hotspot. That previous sentence can be applied to every BB coming out for the rest of the year probably. The fact RIM is the only carrier to not have hotspot capabilities in their smartphones is sad. I have the 9650 Bold...what's the Bold Touch going to have? The only difference I can see is a 1.2GHz single core processor and it's a touch screen...big deal. Oh and NFC support...wow. microSD cards with NFC support will be flooding the market soon. I've been with RIM for many many years but I'm done the Bionic drops. I await the verbal beat-down from Mario.
    06-04-11 10:55 PM
    I am dropping RIM as well here soon. They are just not concentrating on what they should be. Been with them for 7 years now but time to move on.
    06-06-11 10:15 PM
    The bad part about this is that I bought two BB 64 gig Playbooks for me and my brother (who is a also a loyal bb user) with anticipation that I'd be able to rock the new PB with a NEW bb Bold. Now the PB is a big paper weight on my desk as I don't use it much anymore.

ZO, you mention you have been with RIM for seven years. I have been with them for five years and I am incredibly disappointed (as in my previous posts) that while others are coming out with new technology every six months or so (droids and such) BB hasn't come out with something new since, well I can't even remember and that is the sad part about it. Does RIM understand what they are doing to their fan base and why on this green earth would a company do this? I understand that brining new smartphones to the market is a tedious process but why can Samsung, Motorola and others beat RIM to the marketplace so much faster. One would think a company hemmorging clients would do something about it to try and stave off the exodus. Just my two cents.

Does anyone know something I don't?
    Last edited by aspenedelen; 06-07-11 at 11:23 AM.
    06-07-11 07:51 AM
    . I have been with them for five years and I am incredibly disappointed (as in my previous posts) that while others are coming out with new technology every six months or so (droids and such) BB hasn't come out with something new since, well I can't even remember and that is the sad part about it.
    The Torch. That was the last new BB besides that makeup compact looking flip phone.
    06-08-11 09:38 AM
    How are Android-based systems on security/encryption as compared with BB's?
    Last edited by Maloy; 06-08-11 at 11:20 AM. Reason: splg.
    06-08-11 11:13 AM
    How are Android-based systems on security/encryption as compared with BB's?
    I don't know anywhere near enough about the encryption levels of the Android systems compared to BB systems but I have heard that the BB encryption rocks. Didn't the Dubai authorities try and gain access or get easier access (because they couldn't) to the BB platform while in the UAE? I have no idea if BB relented but I am sure someone else can chime in on it and inform me.
    06-08-11 11:48 AM
    After today's earning call I am seriously in the WOW. Even though BB sold 500k units of the PB, thier innovation side still sucks and I am glad to read they understand that. What I can't comprehend is why they don't do something about it. Bring in new blood! Either fire or layoff or do send into early retirement the ppl that stay in the past and want to try the same old same old. Obviously Android is kicking your ****. Create something I want to use (33 yrs old) and play with in front of ppl. As of now I am embarrased to have my blackberry at the bar as the other phones at the table kick its ***. As I posted earlier I own a small budding company here in the USA and I use amd hire young twenty something ppl because they have the ideas to get innovation moving. Once you teach them well they will work thier tails off to prove themselves vs the same tried and true method. Please RIM for the sake of the big man or woman upstairs innovate and innovate soon. You are losing customers at a incredible rate and it will happen faster if the pipeline doesn't free up. Get business done and out here! I want to play with the latest and greatest but there is no innovation to play with. Android and IPhone have innovation. Maybe you can take a key from them?
    06-17-11 12:58 AM
    I moved on yesterday to a Thunderbolt and could not be happier. All of my functions are still available and plus I gained a device that actually had better battery life and apps. Couldn't be happier.
    06-17-11 05:02 PM
    I moved on yesterday to a Thunderbolt and could not be happier. All of my functions are still available and plus I gained a device that actually had better battery life and apps. Couldn't be happier.
    Better battery life? Thunderbolt? Say what?!

southlander likes this.
    06-17-11 07:34 PM
    [QUOTE=aspenedelen;6416109]After today's earning call I am seriously in the WOW. Even though BB sold 500k units of the PB..., ?/QUOTE]

They stated that they *shipped* 500K units. The two CEO's refused to say how many have actually sold, saying they did not have that information - which is BS.
    06-18-11 04:44 PM
    Your right EW that is a bunch of bs. If the CEO's of the company you are invested in can not tell the truth because it may or may not hurt their stock price then if it smells like a rat it probably is. I love bberry but the more I see how much more the IPAD is superior vs the PB the more I want to sell my PB 64 gig and buy a Ipad. I hope that for RIM's sake they get the ball rolling and develop some new inspiration for the bb community because you can only hang onto old technology for so long.

I just saw the Apple Sling for the first time tonight and it is seriously some cool technology. Where is the innovation bberry to sling movies from the PB to my tv?

I want cool technology vs the bs crap that RIM isn't putting out now!
    06-21-11 09:52 PM
    Better battery life? Thunderbolt? Say what?!

Yes. I think the battery issue was figured out or I got a really good device. At the end of a 16 hour day I still have 30% left every night. I am also in a LTE saturated area. This thing is fast!
    06-22-11 07:37 AM
    I couldn't agree more.

My last purchased BB was over 3 years ago which was a Curve 8330. LOVED IT!

Of course over time, the phone begins to die. So hubby gave me an S2. NEVER liked it, but used it because the Curve was giving up the ghost and VZW had still not come out with a decent new BB.

So then, hubby gave me an HTC Thunderbolt for Mother's Day. I haven't activated it yet but I play with it using my home's wireless connection. It is SO much fun. I can do everything with it except make phone calls, sms, etc. It is lightening fast, just as advertised, and I really like it.

The only reason I haven't switched yet is pretty much the same as many others.......BBM.

I also have a PB and am hoping for a native app for BBM. Maybe that's just wishful thinking, but I would even pay a SMALL fee for it.

So I'm going to give it another 30 days or so. If I don't hear any solid news regarding new BBs, it's on to the Android world for me.
    06-29-11 12:16 PM
    here we are agin posting about the BB logistical nightmare they have created for their clients. I am so angry that I bought into the whole Playbook idea when you can't use it to it's max unless you eventually buy one of thier phones that they haven't released yet. I can't begin to imagine how many of you all have left BB for Droid or Apple b/c this bs timeframe keeps getting longer and longer. Ahhhhhh...
    08-06-11 02:04 PM
    Does anyone know something I don't?
    No, that is pretty much a fair assessment.

Again, i say that everybody should have seen the handwriting on the wall at the various shows last year where all the two dim wits running the company were willing to offer was the same outdated phones repainted white and the competition was raising the bar and releasing some very snazzy devices.

It took those dweebs a few years but the "accelerated" release of their new phones shows they fiiiiiinally get the message.

lets see what happens.
    08-08-11 05:42 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD