11-04-08 12:57 PM
62 123
tools
    Unfortunatly, we live in a buyer beware world.
    10-26-08 09:03 AM
    Berry me with it is correct. I was recently let go in the sprint employeev downsizing and swapped my service to vzw. I wanted the service but my mom wanted the Curve without for the contact and calender aspects. We were told that with vzw you can not have a Blackberry without the bb data plan. Hope this helps!
    10-26-08 09:39 AM
    So, guess who has a BlackBerry Curve on VZW and doesn't have, nor has ever had, a data plan.

You just have to go when their systems keep shutting off and on, that's the trick.
    10-28-08 07:33 PM
    WHAT!?! Are you talking about. What system?
    10-28-08 07:54 PM
    So, guess who has a BlackBerry Curve on VZW and doesn't have, nor has ever had, a data plan.

You just have to go when their systems keep shutting off and on, that's the trick.
    Well Stephen, that's fantastic. Have you checked your bill lately? Have you seen your sales rep lately? Either you're being billed for it or he was working an old system and has since been canned. Listen, the point of crackberry.com is not to find ways to "stick it to the man." It's to give good and honest advice to people asking questions regarding their blackberry or service provider. There have been MANY vzw employees in this thread saying that the data plan is required. Don't give new customers or new blackberry owners the idea they can "find a way." If a rep knows how to do it, they're breaking major VZW policy and will be terminated. Can we just close this thread already?!
    10-28-08 08:33 PM
    Well Stephen, that's fantastic. Have you checked your bill lately? Have you seen your sales rep lately? Either you're being billed for it or he was working an old system and has since been canned. Listen, the point of crackberry.com is not to find ways to "stick it to the man." It's to give good and honest advice to people asking questions regarding their blackberry or service provider. There have been MANY vzw employees in this thread saying that the data plan is required. Don't give new customers or new blackberry owners the idea they can "find a way." If a rep knows how to do it, they're breaking major VZW policy and will be terminated. Can we just close this thread already?!
    BMWI, I must agree! You have a valid piont with respect to the "major VZW policy" and the point is not to "stick it to the man." THANKS for that!

I must make one point here. If folks (to include you and I) would stop posting in this thread it wouuld by default die a natural death ultimately meeting your objective. However, we are up to 55 posts in this thread alone and as you know there are several others of its kind in the several forums around crackberry.com most of which repeat the same old Q&A about this subject. This topic is not going away unless crackberry.com forbids the subject which I dout if for no other reason it increases their "post load" stats. The point is, it is a customer based topic with widespread intrest. I just wish vzw would listen and consider some options. It is obvious (at least to me) the vzw is missing a small piece of the market that they might otherwise get if not for their own policy.

Thanks,
    GuardDog
    10-28-08 10:45 PM
    BMWI, I must agree! You have a valid piont with respect to the "major VZW policy" and the point is not to "stick it to the man." THANKS for that!

I must make one point here. If folks (to include you and I) would stop posting in this thread it wouuld by default die a natural death ultimately meeting your objective. However, we are up to 55 posts in this thread alone and as you know there are several others of its kind in the several forums around crackberry.com most of which repeat the same old Q&A about this subject. This topic is not going away unless crackberry.com forbids the subject which I dout if for no other reason it increases their "post load" stats. The point is, it is a customer based topic with widespread intrest. I just wish vzw would listen and consider some options. It is obvious (at least to me) the vzw is missing a small piece of the market that they might otherwise get if not for their own policy.

Thanks,
    GuardDog

I don't think VZW is too worried about getting that small piece of the market. Data revenue is increasing for all the carriers. In my opinion, the market for people not wanting data is decreasing, not increasing. Besides, the data pkg requirement for a BB is no different than a data requirement for the IPhone.
    10-29-08 10:03 PM
    Uh..... I work for Verizon and there is a way to get the bb added on an account without the plan but its kind of a glitch. We usually just have to go in and readd it afterwards BUT there IS a way.
    11-01-08 04:50 PM
    Come on now really...be logical there is so much u can do on this bb, having the data plan saves ur ***...first and formost I've saved just in ringtones alone, and being able to go on net-vcast anytime and not get charged... Believe me it was worth the price ...plus you can download ringtones, and send to fam/friends to save them money...so quit being a sourpuss... There is so much you can do I went from a enV. To a bb but then again I have used cell phones for 15 yrs.. I want the technology...u dont

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-08 05:13 PM
    Ok, for the people that claim you have blackberries with no data plan, pm me your phone numbers. I too work at a retail store and i will check your account and confirm with you that you have a data plan. I will message you back and you can then go to your rep that lied to you about not having one.

Dont mean to come off as rude but it is not possible at all to have a blackberry without a data package, either the email&web or the corporate provisioned one.
    11-03-08 03:15 PM
    Previous posts would say otherwise, and I think they would take issue with still being billed for a data plan they cancelled, as they would scour the new statement for this and look for an overall less total bill.

BTW, nobody PM this guy your phone number. That's just isn't a very smart thing to do.
    11-03-08 03:21 PM
    Previous posts by people that dont work for verizon. Blackberries are our most popular pda/smartphone sold and the question pops up at least 2 times a day "do i have to have the internet?" Yes, you do. Even if you could activate it without the data, no rep would do so. Blackberries are our sweetheart phone with gaurunteed(sp?) data.

I dont care if anyone send my thier number, that was just an attempt to weed out the people that have no clue what they are talking about. You are going to pay either 29.99 or 44.99 a month for the data plan.
    11-04-08 12:57 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD