Hey I'm going to be a new blackberry user in the next week or so and I've done alot of research about the Blackberry's offered by Verizon, of which I am a current customer, and I'm having trouble deciding whether or not to get the $29.99 BB8330 or go for the $99.99 BB9630 Tour. I do not require an immense amount of capability other than basics but I also want to make sure I get the top of the line OS between the two. Basically I'm just asking the community their opinion between the two and whether or not its worth the extra $70 for the tour?
    12-26-09 01:12 AM
    Yeah I'd say go with the Tour. 8330 is like 3 years old, kind of outdated. But then again if its your first berry you will love it, its still an incredible device. But the Tour is much better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 02:30 AM
    Having used (two) 8330 BBs, it's one of my favorites and has been the most reliable I've ever had.

However, it's now showing its age and the Curve 8530 is the replacement.

If you're torn between the 8330 and 9630, the new Curve is the perfect choice because:

- It has a trackpad and you won't have to deal with dirty/clogged trackballs.
    - Wi Fi (which neither the 8330 & 9630 have)
    - The 8530 has the same processor as the Tour, which helps with multi-tasking and overall speed of using the BB.
    - If gaming is of concern to you: the 8530 is one of two OpenGL BlackBerrys that will receive upgrades, such as high-performance graphics.
    12-26-09 03:27 AM
    +1 on the new Curve.
    12-26-09 10:39 AM
    My first berry was a pearl about six or eight months ago and I quickly outgrew it
    Go with the tour

12-26-09 07:44 PM
    I would definately get a 8530 or 9630 instead of a 8330. Otherwise, you my miss out on new software and as a plus the GPS is functional to 3rd party apps.

12-26-09 09:30 PM
    As a first time BB owner the curve is going to be your better choice.
    Either the Curve 8330 or Curve II 8530
    There ARE improvements between the two but depends on what you need. I LOVE the trackpad because of the whole not clogged trackball..
    I like the wifi option, but I dont think I'd ever use it as my network connection is never lacking while I'm in the valley. I love the 5.0OS but its a non-issue for a newbie as the 4.5 is just as nice for functionality.
    The curve 8330 may be older but its a tried and true work horse blackberry thats been through its paces and has minimal problems as long as you take care of it.
    I've had mine for almost a year... looooove it... having a hard time with making the choice to go droid or stay blackberry. At this point its between the Moto and the CurveII not sure yet.
    I got till april tho...
    12-27-09 08:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD