I have been trying to port my 907 alaskan number to verizon. I really need to keep my number but I am really unhappy with att network and would love to be with verizon: Does anybody have an Alaskan number on verizon? How do I get them to port it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-11 09:31 PM
    It wasn't an Alaskan number, but it's really not that big of a deal to port the number. Just let them know that you want to port your number and they'll do it.

I let one of my mom's friends get on our family share plan because she needed a little help as the only phone she had was a prepay cell phone so I agreed to put her on our plan and my mom just called Verizon and told them that she would like to port her number and they said okay and that once the phone was recieved all they would have to do is dial *228. My mom later told me that she ended up having to call Verizon for help, but it was still ported and everything is fine now.
    01-19-11 07:30 AM
    Verizon isn't licensed in Alaska so you can't port a number from there.

01-19-11 06:29 PM
    Really? I know some folks who've traveled there and used their VZW phones; not sure of what network actually handled the roaming coverage, but they used the phones as usual. Current coverage map shows some areas should be covered now:

http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=N8dI7S-z

To the OP...check it out and enter your area to see if VZW covers it.
    01-19-11 10:46 PM
    I'm not 100% on this but you can port any number that belongs to you. I'm not sure that any carrier that has exclusive rights to a number. My daughter was on VZW here in the lower 48 and switched to AT&T in AK without a problem and they ported her #. She bounces back and forth several times a year from VA to AK and is very happy with AT&T. AT&T seems to work best in AK. VZW in AK is roaming on ACS which is pretty crappy at best.
    01-21-11 11:22 AM
    Again, verizon is not licensed in Alaska so you can't have an AK number with their service. Nothing to do with being able to use your phone there

01-21-11 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD