I apologize for the length but please read... its one **** of a story

So I finally convinced my father to make the switch from Sprint to Verizon. He wanted to get the Storm. We placed the order and 2 days later... a Tour shows up. I have no qualms with the Tour, but he wanted the Storm. Verizon said they are soooo sorry and to go to one of their local stores and make the exchange.

I get to the store, they return the Tour and try to activate a new Storm... only to find out somehow the Tour got activated while in transit to my house... the box was untouched and unopened so it had to be done from Verizon. This brought me to nearly lose it when I was told they couldn't give me a Storm with the same number unless Verizon ships a new Storm to me again... no idea why.

The Storm arrived today. I try to activate it and what happens... Verizon sent me a phone that's ESN was one the lost/stolen list. Not only that it was on the fraud list. A rep from Verizon asked me how I got the phone. Frustrated as ****, I thought i would have a little fun at their expense and goaded them to think I stole the phone. Finally I broke the news to them that Verizon sent me the phone and she was speechless. It gave me my first smile since the beginning of the ordeal. Of course she makes a bunch of calls to other departments only to find out the ONE person who apparently can help has left for the day. She says to just go to a store and have them do the return. Luckily it worked this time and now my father has a working Storm.

Any one else have something like this happen? Please leave comments about my wonderful adventure as I'm interested to hear what people have to say.
    08-11-09 08:07 PM
    Any one else have something like this happen?
    If you mean, gone in to a store or called for help and ticked them on purpose, no, I have not done that. And I didn't need this story to prove to me that it would be a bad idea!
    08-11-09 09:15 PM
    Why on Earth would you goad her into thinking that you had stolen the phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

08-11-09 09:31 PM
    To reply one, I'd ask the same question. Replies two & three - agreed.

08-11-09 09:35 PM
    Frustrated as ****, I thought i would have a little fun at their expense and goaded them to think I stole the phone. Finally I broke the news to them that Verizon sent me the phone and she was speechless.
    That was an intelligent thing to do.
    08-12-09 07:37 AM
    True, if I was frustrated I would want to solve the issue. Not cause more.
    08-12-09 08:16 AM
    To the: OP

1. I couldn understand you being disappointed and frustrated at receiving the wrong phone but .. it happens
    The Storm arrived today. I try to activate it and what happens... Verizon sent me a phone that's ESN was one the lost/stolen list. Not only that it was on the fraud list...(snip)
    I could even understand this getting frustrating
    (snip)... Frustrated as ****, I thought i would have a little fun at their expense and goaded them to think I stole the phone.
    ....but that is where you lost me at
    Last edited by DavidNC; 08-12-09 at 08:59 AM.
    08-12-09 08:54 AM
    Scratching me head as well.

08-13-09 12:05 AM
    wow! Why would you goad her to thinking that lol?
    08-13-09 12:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD