It seems for the past two or three months, since i returned from travel abroad, my phone has failed to maintain a 3G signal. I've tried battery pulls, wiping the phone and reinstalling both official and leaked OS, dialing *228, and deleting all apps and reinstalling one at a time. Nothing seems to work. Shortly the phone drops the 3G signal for 1X and won't pick it up again until i leave town, which leads me to suspect it's something with Verizon and my service books or what have you.

My girlfriend has the same phone and never has this issue. We live within a mile of a tower. Any thoughts on how to resolve this short of playing tech support roulette?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    07-16-12 05:36 PM
    Try resending your service books.
    07-16-12 07:01 PM
    Resending the service books may have worked, actually, although I do not see why it would be more successful than wiping the device and reloading the OS. Time will tell, I suppose. Thanks!

07-16-12 09:27 PM
    I have been with verizon for over 15 years and lived in the same place and over the last few years we have been loosing signal slowly. Verizon sent me a network extender and it helped some but not much. They told me with so many smart phones out there they are using up the band with and this is the issue.
    07-18-12 03:00 PM
    A new frustration had emerged. We recently added to our plan, incurring more $ on the bill. Should make big red happy, right? Well, now it seems both our phones lose 3G anytime we move from one tower to another. Resending service books followed by a hard reset fixes it until we go somewhere else. What is this besides maddening?

07-21-12 01:18 AM
    Bloody no-edit tapatalk. Has, not had.

07-21-12 01:20 AM
    Sounds like the area you are in not the devices.
    07-21-12 04:26 AM
    Have you tried updating your PRL? Big Red recommends that you do that monthly, as they are always adding and changing tower connections. I use the new bill email as my reminder to do the update.

Dial *228, then select option 2. It should take about a minute to update.
    07-21-12 02:06 PM
    I ended up calling tech support. He had me go into the cdma edit screen and change the home SID. He also offered to turn off my data entirely since that would also solve the problem. (insert expletive) I think it has something to do with the local network and how my phone updates between towers, because it usually behaves when I'm on the highway or in another city.

07-26-12 01:05 PM
    I was having an issue with that too, but it was intermittent and only over a couple of days...under Options> Network and Connections> Mobile Network, I keep my Network Selection Mode set to Home Only, and my Network Technology set to 1XEV...I never seem to have many reception issues with those settings....
    08-01-12 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD