Please excuse me and redirect me if these questions have been asked and answered in other forums...
    1. Had phone for 3+ months
    2. when I first set it up on the blackberry-com-go-vzw BlackBerry Internet Service site I set up my personal pop email account and the requisite blackberry/vzw email account (which I rarely if ever use)
    3. On my device, email settings for both accounts (under options) was set in general options to

"Hide filed messages: No"
    "Hide sent messages: No"
    "Keep messages: 2 months"
    "SMS and Email Inboxes: Separate"

I BELIEVE that I could then over the air sync messages sent from my 8830 with my POP sent email folder using Microsoft Outlook and see them in a "sent folder" on my device

NOW despite initiating "reconcile now" over the air reconciliation

No sent folder on device for either POP or blackberyy/vzw mail accounts
    No sent (from device) emails in Microsoft Outlook account

On device if I go to POP OR blackberry/vzw message folders (separate folders) then ...blackberry key...view folder feature... I get choice of:

browser messages
    missed calls
    phone call logs
    sms inbox
    sms outbox
    sms SIM card inbox
    WAP push message

Running version 5.3.0.15 of Desktop Manager
    Under synch option - not ability to check reconcile messages - it is greyed out

On Device Under Options
    no ability to place check mark in a box to retain sent email in a folder (I know that was there when I first set up the device - maybe in a different location)

I spent 2 hours of phone first with verizon level 1 and level 3 support, then they put with blackberry support. Finally after multiple initiation attempts, replacing service books, etc. Blackberry thought it might be a change initiated by Verizon Wireless.

So, do any of you know of a change that has occurred from Verizon?
    Is anyone able to synch their device sent pop email to Microsoft Outlook (NOT an exchange server)?

Or am I just going crazy and hallucinated having this ability in the past?
    02-18-08 02:01 PM
    what your trying to do is called Redirector

when you install desktop manager dont select the pop account pick the BES and then keep following the options until it tells you to pick outlook then you need to set up your outlook up with the email address and sync ur berry up

1 thing with running the redirector is that you have to allways have ur computer on and outlook running

it is kinda the same thing as a BES server but scaled down for the consumer

i understand ur frustruation in this matter but most techs have never heard of Redirecter b4 due to them not being trained to even use it so why would they know unless like me actually have a Berry and decided to install it to fill my own couriousness

you can also try BlackBerry Desktop Manager - 4.6 - User Guide

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliver..._492866_11.pdf

BlackBerry Desktop Redirector
    About the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector
    If your BlackBerry device is associated with a Microsoft Outlook email account that uses Microsoft Exchange Server version 5.5 or
    later and does not use a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, you can use the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector to forward email messages and
    organizer data to and from your device.
    If your device is associated with a Microsoft Outlook email account that uses a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, you can open the BlackBerry
    Desktop Redirector to view statistics such as how many email messages and organizer data items you have received on your device.
    Open the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector
    On the taskbar, click Start > Programs > BlackBerry > BlackBerry Desktop Redirector.
    Redirection statistics
    Forwarded
    This field displays the number of email messages and organizer data items that the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector or BlackBerry
    Enterprise Server has forwarded to your BlackBerry device.
    Sent from device
    This field displays the number of email messages and organizer data items that you have sent from your device.
    Pending to device
    This field displays the number of email messages and organizer data items in the redirection queue. If your device is not connected
    to the wireless network, the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector or BlackBerry Enterprise Server queues email messages and organizer
    data items for up to 7 days and sends them when your device is connected to the wireless network again.
    Expired
    This field displays the number of email messages and organizer data items that the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector or BlackBerry
    Enterprise Server could not send to your device within 7 days. These email messages and organizer data items remain in the email
    application on your computer.
    Filtered
    This field displays the number of email messages that the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector or BlackBerry Enterprise Server did not send
    to your device because your email message filters prevented redirection or because your device was connected to your computer.
    Clear redirection statistics
    You can clear all redirection statistics except the statistic that appears in the Pending to device field.
    1. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector.
    2. On the Options menu, click Clear Statistics.
    User Guide BlackBerry Desktop Redirector
    Clear the redirection queue
    2. On the Options menu, click Purge Pending Messages.
    Note: When you clear email messages and organizer data items from the redirection queue, they are not deleted from the email application
    on your computer.
    Hide the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector
    2. On the Options menu, click Hide When Minimized.
    To view the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector again, click the Redirector icon that appears in the notification area at the far right of the
    taskbar.
    BlackBerry Desktop Redirector troubleshooting
    Email messages and organizer data items are not being forwarded to my device
    Try performing the following actions:
    Verify that your BlackBerry device is connected to the wireless network.
    If you are using the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector to forward email messages and organizer data items to your device, verify
    that the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector is running.
    Verify that the email address that appears in email settings tool of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager is correct.
    If the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector Status field displays "Verifying Email Address," contact your administrator for more
    information.
    Error messages: BlackBerry Desktop Redirector
    Connected to computer - email redirection to device disabled
    This message appears if the Disable message redirection while your device is connected check box is selected in the email settings
    tool of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. To receive email messages and organizer data items when your BlackBerry device is
    connected to your computer, clear the check box.
    Could not start the Redirector - could not access configuration information
    This message appears if the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector cannot retrieve necessary configuration information from the email
    application on your computer. For more information, contact your administrator.
    Could not start the Redirector - internal error
    This message appears if the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector cannot start because of a configuration or resource allocation issue. For
    more information, contact your administrator.
    Could not start the Redirector - the connection to your email could not be initialized
    User Guide BlackBerry Desktop Redirector
    This message appears if the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector cannot connect to the email application on your computer. For more
    information, contact your administrator.
    Device unregistered
    This message appears if your device is not registered with the wireless network. For more information about registering your device,
    click Help on your device.
    Failed forwarding message
    This message appears if a problem occurs with your messaging server or the wireless network. For more information, contact your
    administrator.
    Illegal device PIN
    This message appears if your device PIN is not valid. For more information, contact your administrator or wireless service provider.
    Message expired at network
    This message appears if the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector or BlackBerry Enterprise Server cannot forward email messages or
    organizer data items to your device within 7 days. Try performing the following actions:
    Verify that your device is connected to the wireless network.
    If you are using the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector to forward email messages and organizer data items to your device, verify
    that the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector is running.
    No desktop address
    This message appears if the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector cannot connect to your email address. For more information, contact your
    administrator.
    Reconfigure your BlackBerry Desktop Redirector
    This message appears if you need to generate a new encryption key for your device. In the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, click Email
    Settings. Click Advanced and generate a new encryption key.
    08-27-08 07:09 AM
    I had the same problem as the user you replied to in August.
    The question i now have is that do i need to un-install the desktop mamanger and then re-install it in order to set it up using the BES and NOT select the pop3 acct ( as i apparently have done...)?
    Thanks
    g
    01-12-09 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD