Does anyone really have good information when VZW will be releasing 4.5.x officially for the BB 8830? I know it is 'in the wild' but when will an official release be happening?

Thanks and lets hope for a good answer!
    12-30-08 12:13 PM
    With talks of the 9030 coming at the beginning of the year, I actually wonder if they will release an official version. I have read more than a couple of times in a couple of places that the Bold is supposed to replace the 8830 altogether.
    12-30-08 12:16 PM
    With talks of the 9030 coming at the beginning of the year, I actually wonder if they will release an official version. I have read more than a couple of times in a couple of places that the Bold is supposed to replace the 8830 altogether.
    I'm assuming the 9030 = CDMA Bold or Niagara? I think this is the first I've seen the BB number 9030. I can't wait!! I want it now!
    12-31-08 01:19 PM
    As told me by VZW tech support with Blackberry on the phone 4.5 will be released officially soon. No idea how soon though
    12-31-08 03:14 PM
    ahh tech support. we so oft want to believe their encouraging predictions, but truth be told, imho, they just want to get you off the phone and therefore will tell you what you want to hear.

that isnt to say, im looking to get an 8830 soon, and wouldnt mind 4.5 on it at all
    01-01-09 11:27 AM
    Does anyone really have good information when VZW will be releasing 4.5.x officially for the BB 8830? I know it is 'in the wild' but when will an official release be happening?

Thanks and lets hope for a good answer!
    There isn't, at least not for VZW. If they planned to they would have done it at the same time as the Perl and Curve. This phone is being phased out, though not completely eliminated because some businesses require their employees to have a unit with no camera. If it weren't the last in the system with no camera it would certainly go the way of the 8703.

Go ahead and download and use the .97 (I think) which is the most recent one in the wild. It is perfectly stable. The only difference between a leak and an official release is a carriers stamp of approval.
    01-02-09 03:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD