On my storm all I ever get is the 1XEV. Is this the Verizon equivalent to 3g? In the owners manual I saw a pic of a 3G icon. Thanks.
    09-15-09 07:31 AM
    This is the Verizon equivalent. If you load the newest leaks of OS 5.0 they changed the 1XEV icon to a 3G symbol now.
    09-15-09 07:32 AM
    Ok, Thanks for the reply
    09-15-09 07:35 AM
    Never a problem. Hopefully we will see the new OS as an official soon enough, so everyone can utilize the great features.
    09-15-09 07:39 AM
    This is the Verizon equivalent. If you load the newest leaks of OS 5.0 they changed the 1XEV icon to a 3G symbol now.
    That is because those leaks are not CDMA optimized. The release versions will maintain the 1XEV notation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 08:40 AM
    well rumor has it vzw will be 4g soon. or at least thats what a vzw rep told me. bahahah!
    09-15-09 08:49 AM
    That is because those leaks are not CDMA optimized. The release versions will maintain the 1XEV notation.

Interesting being that the leaks were for CDMA only devices with the 9530 and 9630 os. I heard they are keeping it that way to be more universal.
    09-15-09 08:51 AM
    I wonder how many people would call complaining about their phone not working on AT&T's 3G network if Verizon changed their indicator to 3g.
    09-15-09 02:15 PM
    theres 3G?
    09-15-09 02:18 PM
    09-15-09 03:05 PM
    Interesting being that the leaks were for CDMA only devices with the 9530 and 9630 os. I heard they are keeping it that way to be more universal.
    The leaks are ported to CDMA devices - but don't forget that the BlackBerry OS is GSM-centric in development.

The EV at the end of 1XEV is from EVDO.

By the way - as for what the leaked OSes are "for" I have some non-leaked OS examples loaded on VZW & Sprint phones. Some have SIM card options, some have WiFi options & some have 1XEV indicators.

I have a setup where in less than three minutes, I can change that indicator to show SEXY if I wanted.

Until it has the full carrier branding & is officially released, any detail on it can be changed.

09-15-09 03:20 PM
    The leaks are ported to CDMA devices - but don't forget that the BlackBerry OS is GSM-centric in development. Until it has the full carrier branding & is officially released, any detail on it can be changed.
    Hey Twins, if you go to the vzw website, it shows 3G phones displaying 3G levels and 1X levels. Do you think vzw is slowly rebranding all its phones to say 3G instead of EV?
    09-17-09 09:50 PM
    Hey Twins, if you go to the vzw website, it shows 3G phones displaying 3G levels and 1X levels. Do you think vzw is slowly rebranding all its phones to say 3G instead of EV?
    It looks like this is only on the Nokia Twist. Nokia mostly makes GSM phones so that doesn't seem too strange. The Rogue shows EV and 1X....
    09-17-09 10:52 PM
    now att has 3gS big whoop its the same as 3g they r just trying to get iphone fanatics to buy another one FOR EXAMPLE, my gf had te newest iphone 3g she got in april, late august she paid 425$ to get the new one the 3gs and its the same, slower even if u ask me.
    09-18-09 06:39 AM
    It looks like this is only on the Nokia Twist. Nokia mostly makes GSM phones so that doesn't seem too strange. The Rogue shows EV and 1X....
    That is exactly right - the Nokia phones all use OS software that is a rewrite of GSM phones.

The appearance of the Twist is just the first in a long line of Nokias that should start appearing on VZW very soon. Guy I know who works heavily with Nokia pulled one of those little stunts on me. I asked him if the N900 had any chance of coming to VZW. He told me he couldn't divulge that information. When I pressed him, he said "if I were put on the spot for an answer, I'd have to say NO!"

The telling thing was he was nodding affirmatively & grinning when he said this.

No systemwide changes to 3G - the next systemwide branding change will be to display LTE. At that point, the fallback may be 3G, but on LTE devices only, from what I've been told.

And that will probably coincide with LTE devices not only from Nokia, but Samsung, Apple & others.

09-18-09 03:51 PM
    well rumor has it vzw will be 4g soon. or at least thats what a vzw rep told me. bahahah!
    4G = LTE. Has been testing in several cities already.
    09-18-09 04:06 PM
    I am sure glad all these people seem to be sleeping with verizon reps.
    09-18-09 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD