http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_11750/cont...tguid=pkXcpt1t

Some good info in here about the effect of iPhone sales on the VZW business model...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by i_hiker; 01-24-12 at 02:36 PM.
    01-24-12 01:44 PM
    Plan prices will increase.
    01-24-12 09:03 PM
    I don't know if plan prices will increase, but going forward, I don't think they'll have the price of the phones as low as they have been. They may do like Sprint and try to tack on a fee for "premium" data or something similar. Sprint did that a year or so ago. You were grandfathered in as long as you never changed your phone. The instant you changed your phone - you got the $10 fee added in.
    01-25-12 12:06 PM
    I don't get why carriers love pushing/subsidizing the Iphone so much when it hurts their bottom line, ATT's profits were hurt from the deep subsidization's for the entirety of it's exclusivity agreement . Not only is the phone expensive, the abuse on the network from excessive data use isn't exactly great either. It would make way more sense to give the BB's comparable or better subsidization (300 @ tmo still?) when it saves network traffic due to compression greatly.
    Whatever. I won't support verizon either way.
    01-25-12 02:57 PM
    I don't get why carriers love pushing/subsidizing the Iphone so much when it hurts their bottom line, ATT's profits were hurt from the deep subsidization's for the entirety of it's exclusivity agreement . Not only is the phone expensive, the abuse on the network from excessive data use isn't exactly great either. It would make way more sense to give the BB's comparable or better subsidization (300 @ tmo still?) when it saves network traffic due to compression greatly.
    Whatever. I won't support verizon either way.
    AT&T subsidized it so heavily as part of maintaining exclusivity for so long. Problem is, you can't really then lower the subsidization later. Then when other carriers launch the same handset (it's not like Apple really makes a different model for other carriers) the prices have to compete...
    01-25-12 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD