I'm currently a customer of Sprint. Been with them for about probably 10 years, ever since they first came to Houston. Lately, I've been wanting to jump ship over to VZ because of the solid service. A few years back, when i was looking into VZ's unlimited plan, a comparable plan to the Sprint's $99 unlimited was (or probably still is) $149. I currently have a Blackberry, and I use BBM heavily. I remember when I switched to the Palm Pre on Sprint a few years ago, I registered 9000 text messages that month alone without BBM.

My question is this, with Sprint's $10 additional fee they're charging whether you like it or not, that will put their plan at $109/month for me. Now with VZ, the plan I spec'ed out, everything (unlimited voice and texts and unlimited date) except VZ nav, comes out to be right around $119/month...so this is would put them at a $10 difference. I used to want VZ nav, but I figure Google nav is comparable and it's free...am I missing anything else, or is the unlimited with VZ really $119 (w/o nav)?

I was hoping to wait out until a new Blackberry, hoping with 4G LTE, becomes available. I love Blackberry, and I believe it is the most solid device out there. Android seems to crash or lag so often. I've had the EVO 4G, and I really care for it. I would love to go with a Blackberry again, but at this time in my life, it will conjure up painful memories that I need to not be reminded of. So basically, the only other phone I would like to get is the new iPhone....now I don't know much about what's up and coming for the iphone. Is there a 4G version coming in the near future? Should I wait, or should I just get the currently iphone when it becomes available with VZ?
    01-19-11 06:18 PM
    Google doesn’t do voice turn by turn on BB devices so VZ Nav would be better, but at $10 a month.......

Currently there isn’t anything talked about for a 4G iPhone. I think you will see a world phone version first that works on any supported carrier. This way Apple makes a single device for CDMA and GSM. Only after that will you see a LTE device.

If you want a phone now, buy it. There will always be something better on the horizon. I have a DroidX and I’m drooling over the Droid Bionic.
    01-19-11 08:24 PM
    You're correct on the pricing (on both counts, it used to be $119 for t/t then $29.99 for the data so $149 total, now 119 like you mentioned). Personally, any of the current blackberry offerings can't compete at all with the Android ones. My recommendation would probably be to get the Thunderbolt when it releases soon as it will be very similar to your EVO and take advantage of 4G. It's unsure if there will be a 4G tax yet but if so, a Droid X/Fascinate or iPhone would be my pick.
    01-20-11 05:33 PM