VZ Navigator 6

Bing search by Microsoft
    New Pricing Options
    Free VZ Navigator Maps
    Bing Search by Microsoft
    Find millions of local businesses, attractions, restaurants, ATMs and more using Microsoft Bing search for select devices.

New Pricing Options:

Service Level Price

VZ Navigator Maps NEW Free

VZ Navigator: 1-day $2.99 per day (non-recurring)

VZ Navigator: 7-day NEW $4.99 for 7-day period (non-recurring)

VZ Navigator Monthly $9.99 per month (recurring)

New 7-day pricing option will be available for all new VZ Navigator subscribers with versions 4.0 or higher (not available on the Palm and Android devices).

Free VZ Navigator Maps

VZ Navigator Maps offers basic GPS functionality with no monthly charge. This service level will be available for select BlackBerry devices at launch and will be expanded to other devices in the future (check InfoManager for details). Users can easily upgrade to the robust features of VZ Navigator version 6 from within the VZ Navigator Maps application.

VZ Navigator Maps Features: Free Stuff

View maps & current position
    Perform local searches with Bing
    Get a list of static directions
    View traffic conditions on a map
    411 integration to get a list of directions
    Send location and call Verizon Wireless Roadside Assistance
    Post locations and status to Facebook

The valuable features below are available only with the paid daily, weekly or monthly options for VZ Navigator version 6

Real time spoken turn-by-turn directions
    Automatic rerouting if you miss a turn
    Movies & events searches
    2D & 3D navigation maps
    Traffic alerts and traffic detours
    Automated speech recognition ("Say It")
    Companion website VZNavigator.com to create favorite locations and search for destinations

Eligible version 6 devices at launch:

BlackBerry Storm
    Blackberry Storm2
    BlackBerry Tour
    BlackBerry Bold
    BlackBerry Curve2
    Last edited by lastraid; 06-05-10 at 11:31 AM.
    06-05-10 11:23 AM
    Many VZW features can be turned on and off during a month, and pro-rated. Does Navigator billing work that way?
    06-06-10 10:57 AM
    whens it come out???

I hope it fixes the bug in VZ Navigator where you cannot delete any stored Favorite locations. Once you save something as "favorite" you cannot delete it on the 5.1 Navigator
    06-06-10 03:40 PM
    Many VZW features can be turned on and off during a month, and pro-rated. Does Navigator billing work that way?
    It can be, but pain. This is when the have the 2.99 and the 4.99. If you need it longer, then it get prorated.

whens it come out???

I hope it fixes the bug in VZ Navigator where you cannot delete any stored Favorite locations. Once you save something as "favorite" you cannot delete it on the 5.1 Navigator
    Not sure about fixes, but is out now
    06-08-10 08:42 PM
    I can't believe it took so long for a post similiar to this to appear. I reported this over a week ago in another thread... I tripped over it accidentally while explaining the upgrade procedure.

This version is much improved and the issue with the favorites has been fixed.
    06-08-10 11:09 PM
    too bad they can't give the voice free as well would be nice for smartphone users to have it completely free we pay so much as it is
    06-08-10 11:18 PM
    too bad they can't give the voice free as well would be nice for smartphone users to have it completely free we pay so much as it is
    *violin plays a sad song*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 01:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD