Some improvements, some missing functionality is now back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-10 07:03 AM
    I had an opportunity to use this today, seems like this version incorporated feedback I've seen elsewhere.

- Tweaked inferface, easier reading on the navigation screens.
    - Speed and direction are now on the nav screen with the location function being back.
    - Works even with the phone connected to a network extender.
    - Ads seem to display only the first time a search is done.
    - Faster.
    - Better accuracy, at least with the routes I used.
    - Maps seem to be nicer.
    - The congestion alerts were surprisingly accurate.

This is probably the best release since 4.5, which worked flawlessly on my feature phone, but not on my Blackberry.
    10-20-10 09:16 PM
    I upgraded last night and used it today. LOVE the addition of speed and direction...had been wanting that since forever!

10-21-10 11:25 PM
    Wish they would add the feature that would allow me to save my current GPS as a favorite when using "Where Am I?". It used to be a feature in the past. It does not show up in the menu as an option in the last few builds.

10-26-10 10:59 PM
    Wish they would add the feature that would allow me to save my current GPS as a favorite when using "Where Am I?". It used to be a feature in the past. It does not show up in the menu as an option in the last few builds.

It's there:

1. Find -> Addresses -> Favorites
    2. Add new favorite
    3. Fill in favorite name
    4. Click address -> current location
    5. Done
    10-27-10 11:58 AM
    It's there:

1. Find -> Addresses -> Favorites
    2. Add new favorite
    3. Fill in favorite name
    4. Click address -> current location
    5. Done
    Thanks i7guy!

That'll work.
    Wish they would add it into the Map feature as well. That would eleviate some the steps it now takes to add my current location to my Favorites.

10-27-10 04:44 PM
    Thanks for the heads up. This is my favorite app of all time. I haven't had it in a while though to save money. I've been using Garmin which is ok but not as good.

I think I'll get VZ Nav back!

10-27-10 04:47 PM
    Thanks i7guy!

That'll work.
    Wish they would add it into the Map feature as well. That would eleviate some the steps it now takes to add my current location to my Favorites.

Actually it is available from MAPS. Go to maps and click inside of the address box. The next screen, at least on my S2 has an option to save the current location.

11-04-10 03:45 PM
    Actually it is available from MAPS. Go to maps and click inside of the address box. The next screen, at least on my S2 has an option to save the current location.

On my 9650 I don't see an address bar when going to Maps.

11-04-10 04:15 PM
    Can you input coordinates into VZ Navigator? Not an address or street, just N/W coords?

Thanks

11-04-10 07:03 PM
    On my 9650 I don't see an address bar when going to Maps.

When you go into maps, a blue dot should show your current location with the address above the blue dot. If you don't see the address, click the blue do and see if the address shows up. If the address shows up click on the address.
    11-04-10 09:08 PM
    When you go into maps, a blue dot should show your current location with the address above the blue dot. If you don't see the address, click the blue do and see if the address shows up. If the address shows up click on the address.
    Found it. Thanks!
    I clicked on the Blue Dot before, but only saw the choices Navigate, Map, & Share. I never thought to go through the Menu on that page to find Add To Favorites. It would be nice if they could have added Add To Favorites to the menu of the screen with the Blue Dot, or as one of the links that displays after clicking on the Blue Dot. This version has some nice features, but the layout is somewhat unorthodox.
    11-04-10 09:17 PM
    Can you input coordinates into VZ Navigator? Not an address or street, just N/W coords?

Thanks

I do not think this is possible. I checked the vzvav website help and the website didn't say no explicitly.

I actually tried entering coordinates on the phone, but it didn't take.
    11-04-10 09:24 PM
    Bummer. I wish they'd add that feature. I think you can with BlackBerry Maps. But audible turn by turn is so much better. Thanks for checking, i7guy.

11-05-10 01:05 AM
    Another feature I love is being able to add places for an upcoming trip online. then when you fire up VZ Nav on the BB, click bb menu and 'Sync VZNav' - it will sync those with the online places you have saved and you can then immediately start.

That site is:

Entertainment and Apps from Verizon Wireless - VZ Navigator

Go to Manage Online and click on Sign in.
    12-30-10 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD