04-23-08 03:43 PM
39 12
tools
    Liquidplatinum - as I said, I didn't doubt your information. I was simply inquiring into if you were a rep or not. Your post count made credence to your information. I hope you don't go away thinking I didn't trust you. Just a simple question into your position which led to misunderstanding.
    Last edited by xandrex; 04-17-08 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Digress
    04-16-08 10:09 PM
    I heard as early as the 30th of April.

How can I do this to make sure I get the phone as quickly as possible. I will still be in my 30 days return on my 8830 when the phone comes out online, assuming May 5th is correct.
    04-21-08 03:32 AM
    I heard as early as the 30th of April.

How can I do this to make sure I get the phone as quickly as possible. I will still be in my 30 days return on my 8830 when the phone comes out online, assuming May 5th is correct.
    Call around that time and see about pre order, but likely May will be as quickly to get it......

Keep you posted.
    04-21-08 09:14 AM
    I just searched "8330" on VZW site and got 2 how to's on the query, that weren't there last week. We are getting closer, I imagine, since there are now support tips on their site. Can't wait just a few more weeks.......
    04-21-08 09:53 AM
    Why in the world is Verizon letting Alltel launch the Curve before they do? This sucks!
    04-21-08 11:04 AM
    Well it's not really up to Verizon to decide when AllTel releases their Curve. Still, it's not long now before Verizon will be releasing theirs...so even if it does hit actual stores sooner (I know it's online right now), it won't be much longer.
    04-21-08 04:58 PM
    Online where?
    04-21-08 09:07 PM
    AllTel currently has the Curve on sale online. Sorry if you read into that weird. Perhaps you thought I was saying the Curve was on Verizon's site?

It is very interesting that they've posted troubleshooting articles already. Does anyone know how early this typically happens? I know that we have a date that is pretty much set in stone, but it seems that two weeks early is a bit...early. LOL.
    04-21-08 09:55 PM
    yes I did! Thought you had found Verizon's somewhere. Have been on web for over an hour looking at Verizon's site. Tease-lol.

I am hearing within a week from my insider...
    04-21-08 09:58 PM
    LOL, sorry about that. I wondered when I was typing if someone would get caught-up in that and think I was talking about Verizon, but I thought I tweaked it enough so that nobody would be confused. Sorry if that led you on an urgent rampage to the VZW site (I would've in your situation!)
    04-21-08 10:12 PM
    I just got off the phone with someone from the verizon main offices, and she told me that they don't have a firm date set yet. She said that RIM has not yet committed to an exact amount of phones yet. She did say it would be within the next few weeks though. Who knows if she knows anything.
    04-22-08 01:36 PM
    What they need to do is set up a date that they will release the phone and give that date to us. At least then we wouldn't have to freak out over such a thing. If it's going to be too long, I'll just opt for a Pearl. The Curve isn't THAT special.
    04-22-08 04:10 PM
    What they need to do is set up a date that they will release the phone and give that date to us. At least then we wouldn't have to freak out over such a thing. If it's going to be too long, I'll just opt for a Pearl. The Curve isn't THAT special.
    Disagree. I have the Pearl right now and I HAD the curve on ATT when it first came out last year (on a 30 day trial). Although I had to turn the phone back in due to the really bad service ATT provides in our part of San Diego, the curve was INCREDIBLE! The best blackberry I have ever had (and I have had a lot of them)! I would wait out these next few weeks and avoid the Pearl as much as possible. That suretype is just aweful.

You'll love the curve. The keyboard and screen rock. I got the 1 year contract on the Pearl last summer with hopes to get the Curve when Verizon FINALLY gets the phone. My contract expires in July so I am good for this summer to trade up. Hopefully by then they will have a better color scheme than the one currenly shown on line. Bleh. Where oh where is the titanium for us??

Katherine
    04-22-08 11:51 PM
    Eh...SureType is to each his own. Some love it, some hate it. I've played around with it and can tell I would be able to get used to it. But yeah, I'm waiting.
    04-23-08 03:43 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD