09-14-08 09:56 PM
38 12
tools
    Sort of off-topic:

Have any of you VZW subscribers signed up for the home service bundles they satrted offering? You can check it out from the My Account page at the VZW website.

I currently have Comcast internet, but I hate it and am considering signing up for verizon. If anyone has tried it please let me know what you think of it!
    Last edited by MyThai; 07-09-08 at 08:07 PM.
    07-09-08 09:18 AM
    I just signed up for it, getting install Aug 6th.
    07-09-08 09:21 AM
    Heyyy. I work for an premium VZW retailer (we sell FIOS as well) nd i use Fios @ home. GREAT SERVICE. If you want I could sign you up and set up the install date. Just let me know!
    07-09-08 02:41 PM
    Heyyy. I work for an premium VZW retailer (we sell FIOS as well) nd i use Fios @ home. GREAT SERVICE. If you want I could sign you up and set up the install date. Just let me know!

Well that sucks, they don't offer it in my area. A Major Metro area and they don't offer it.
    07-09-08 08:03 PM
    Well that sucks, they don't offer it in my area. A Major Metro area and they don't offer it.
    makes 2 of us........I live in L.A where they don't have service for fios/internet/home phone and am moving 2 miles away and STILL NO SERVICE. I was like "Where the **** do you guys have service? This is L.A for christsake." Would love to get Fios/internet/ etc bundle but no such luck...gotta stick it out with crappy AT&T and Dish Network..

Yeah I'm pretty bummed cuz fios looks pretty damn cool and the price is also better. Gas going up food going up can't save a little money no way no how. Maybe I'll start selling my body on Santa Monica Blvd.............

You coulda had an easy sale Rich.....I mean fios that is.
    07-09-08 09:12 PM
    LOL Troy.

Honestly, They are making progress and im sure it will be availiable in MOST metro areas within the near future. Its a lot of manual labor. They've got crews of guys literally stringing fiber across the country. Im in Jersey and the goal is to have all of Jersey lit up by 2013.
    07-10-08 03:27 PM
    LOL Troy.

Honestly, They are making progress and im sure it will be availiable in MOST metro areas within the near future. Its a lot of manual labor. They've got crews of guys literally stringing fiber across the country. Im in Jersey and the goal is to have all of Jersey lit up by 2013.
    I'm going to call customer service and say Rich Eller said you would install fios especially for me...see what they say. If you got a lot of pull over there I'll see some dudes stringing up that fiber in a couple days
    07-10-08 07:14 PM
    ahahaahah

If that were the case, i'd be selling a lot more fios
    07-10-08 07:19 PM
    Is it coming to New Mexico? I have Cableone and it sucks.

Remeber that New Mexico and we are part of the USA
    07-10-08 08:13 PM
    Its coming....eventually. It's going to take a lot of time, especially in rural areas. Im in the New York metro area and we're getting lit up like crazy. But like i said, they're projecting that the entire state of Jersey wont even be lit up until 2013.
    07-11-08 08:17 AM
    I just switched from Comcast to Fios and the services as well as the customer service is times better then Comcast. The tech who came to install my TV and Internet actually knew what he was doing unlike the contracted techs for Comcast. He even made sure my PS3 could connect to the interenet and gave me a HDMI cable for it as well. It might cost a little more, but if you can afford to upgrade you should and with One Bill you save money on your home service.
    07-11-08 08:34 AM
    something bigger and better will be out by 2013, as always Verizon is behind the times.
    07-11-08 01:49 PM
    maybe on the wireless side, home services has it down pat though.

fiber optics is the way of the future
    07-11-08 02:40 PM
    I HATE Comcast!!! As soon as I found out the Verizon FIOS was offing the local Comacast Sports channel. I switched. I have to have my Phillies & Flyers games. That was the only reason I didn't get satellite, because Comcast would let them broadcast the channel. I got the package with internet & never looked back......
    07-11-08 02:53 PM
    maybe on the wireless side, home services has it down pat though.

fiber optics is the way of the future
    If they can't or don't offer it in major metro area's like LA and others then to me they don't have it down pat yet.
    07-11-08 07:19 PM
    do you have above of below ground utilities in LA?

above ground is going in a lot faster and it also depends on the townships and the contracts they have with verizon and other utility companies.
    07-11-08 07:39 PM
    depends where u are in LA. older areas most things are above ground. You know LA is very small area
    07-11-08 08:05 PM
    We switched from Comcast (cable and internet) to Verizon FiOS (phone, tv and internet) in December and have never been happier.
    07-11-08 08:56 PM
    If they can't or don't offer it in major metro area's like LA and others then to me they don't have it down pat yet.
    I currently live in Beverly Hills and am moving to the MidCity area (not even 2 miles away but whole new zipcode) and STILL no Verizon (home service) I WANT FIOS NOW!!

I lived near UCLA at one point (which is about 3 miles away) and had their home service there (FiOs was not out yet) but since I moved no such luck.

Amy you just had to throw that in there didn't ya? Rich do something will you? I'm tired of reading all these other peeps enjoying something I should as well damn it. I'm begging you...........please.

I'll pull the plug on this News3Online is your breaking news center and expose you Rich if you don't do something quickly
    Last edited by Castor Troy; 07-12-08 at 08:20 PM.
    07-12-08 08:12 PM
    VZW is currently ripping up our streets to install FIos as we speak. Once it's complete and we have FIos, I'll be signing up for a bundle for sure!
    07-12-08 08:50 PM
    VZW is currently ripping up our streets to install FIos as we speak. Once it's complete and we have FIos, I'll be signing up for a bundle for sure!
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    07-12-08 09:25 PM
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Why do you say that?????
    07-12-08 09:35 PM
    Why do you say that?????
    cuz you can get it and I can't.....it's a jealousy thing. I gotta work on it.
    07-12-08 09:45 PM
    cuz you can get it and I can't.....it's a jealousy thing. I gotta work on it.
    *sniff sniff*
    Sorry...don't mean to rub it in...our community was also one of the first in my area to get DSL too....I've heard one of the VP's lives in my area, which is why we get it so quickly....
    07-12-08 10:09 PM
    Troy, how dare you threaten my presidency! lol.

too funny.

unfortunatly there isnt much i can do to pursuade them to move into LA any faster, im just a salesman...

sorry troy :-(
    07-14-08 08:25 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD