Maybe someone who has VZ Navigator can help me out here. When i search for Vegetarian Restaurants in any area, the result come back and list Mexican restaurants.

Can someone test this out please? If it's a glitch i'll call VZW and report it. i'm bummed because i search mostly for vegetarian restaurants.

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-10 06:46 PM
    I don't have VZW, nor am I in Englewood, FL; however, I only found 5 listings when I used Google search. vegetarian restaurants englewood fl - Google Maps
    06-21-10 06:59 PM
    When i search ANY location using VZ Navigator (places i know have vegetarian rests, like Orlando) the results i get back are for Mexican restaurants.

i'm wondering if this is a glitch in VZ Navigator.

06-21-10 07:05 PM
    Just tested it for you. It returned Mexican restaurants for me as well.

06-22-10 01:25 AM
    Thanks for the test! i appreciate it. i'll call VZW and report it. They don't make the software as far as i know but maybe they can pass it on...

06-22-10 05:49 AM
    Maybe try searching Vegan?
    06-22-10 09:09 AM
    There's is no "vegan" option in VZ Navigator. There is a "vegetarian" option. It just seems to not work properly with the new version.

06-22-10 09:15 AM
    There's is no "vegan" option in VZ Navigator. There is a "vegetarian" option. It just seems to not work properly with the new version.

I tried "Vegan" when searching for All Restaurants. A few Mexican Restaurants came back, as well as Walgreens Pharmacies. Since when has Walgreens Pharmacies become a restaurant? LOL!
    It's a Bing search engine. I'm so sick and tired of Bing. No one likes it, yet they keep forcing it on us. They should let Bing be added to Windows Mobile devices since it's a Microsoft product. They even force us to use Bing as the only seach engine in the browser on the new 9650 Bolds. They removed Google as an option all together.

Last edited by cdf3; 06-22-10 at 09:30 AM.
    06-22-10 09:27 AM
    It's a glitch, an interesting one at that.
    06-22-10 09:37 AM
    i'm going to starve til it gets fixed! Is it really because Bing is used instead now?

06-22-10 02:36 PM
    Here's a quick fix for now.
    Download Poynt. Set VZ Navigator as the application to use within point for directions. Search for restaurants by cuisine in Poynt. When the category list comes up, type "V" to jump down to vegetarian. After you've found the restaurant of choice, select Map Route. It will open VZ Navigator and give you turn by turn directions within VZ Navigator.

06-22-10 03:00 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. i actually do have Poynt installed and i like it. i'll be using it more for restaurant searches!

06-22-10 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD