Was just playing around with VZ Navigator and I saw that the pay option now says $4.99/month.

I wonder if the is the new pricing or if it's a promo?

It says 30 days free, then $4.99 monthly so I'm assuming that's the new price.

Much better than the $9.99/month. Not as good as free though!
    Last edited by chrisy520; 05-25-12 at 07:07 PM.
    05-25-12 10:12 AM
    Still not a good value. You can pay $9.99 total for a one-year subscription to TeleNav.

Buy TeleNav GPS Plus (for OS 6 and 7) - Download TeleNav GPS Plus (for OS 6 and 7) - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    shemaree09 likes this.
    05-25-12 11:19 AM
    I just use BlackBerry Traffic for free. That's a better deal than Telenav.

However, I like the features of VZ Nav. If they lower it to $2.99/month I will subscribe again.
    05-25-12 12:40 PM
    I use Google Nav, it's free. Works great.
    05-25-12 03:32 PM
    I used it on my Android too. Loved it so much. It's one of the things I miss most about Android!
    05-25-12 05:50 PM
    TeleNav is free for Spring subscribers; it's good to have two free options.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    05-25-12 05:58 PM
    Wow. Would be great for VZ Nav to be free for smartphones!
    05-25-12 06:01 PM
    Wow. Would be great for VZ Nav to be free for smartphones!
    Knowing Verizon, Navigator will be free when you pay per byte for the data!
    05-26-12 08:32 AM
    Possibly. But they used to charge for Backup Assistant too. That's free now.

I can see them including it for free as an incentive to have a data plan.

And they did cut the price in half so far
    05-26-12 10:34 AM
    I use Google Maps. Vzw nav is really a waste of money unless you have a feature phone that doesn't have access to a navigational program. My boyfriend uses nav on his dumbphone and it works for him.

Posted from my Droid Razr Maxx.
    05-26-12 12:32 PM
    VZNavigator should be free on certain data plans.
    05-28-12 10:01 AM
    I have no complaints with BB traffic. I would never consider VZW nav. Also Backup Assistant does less than the current BB Protect? Is there a need to run both. BB Protect is amazing as well.
    05-30-12 09:14 PM
    VZNavigator should be free on certain data plans.
    Totally agree, any data plan $29.99 or higher should have it included!
    05-31-12 01:30 AM
    With all the free Nav apps I would think they'll do this eventually.
    06-05-12 07:12 PM
    Telenav is a much better value. $10/year is a steal and works great. I use it all the time.

$4.99 a month for VZ Navigator is a waste of money. You're better off buying a separate GPS for your car.
    06-07-12 05:07 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't VZ Nav, a branded Telenav?
    06-08-12 10:00 AM
    not sure. but if it is, its a huge ripoff. Telenav itself is only $10 per year.

These days paying a monthly fee for voice turn by turn directions is absurd. Especially on a phone. That (4.99/mo) $60/yr could go towards a Garmin.
    06-08-12 11:25 AM
    I've heard that it was. Obviously more expensive than regular telenav but I guess you're paying for the convenience and the Vzw brand.

I use a Garmin in my car and Google maps for when I'm on foot. I think the Garmin is worth it.

Posted from my Droid Razr Maxx.
    06-26-12 06:33 PM
    Yes, it is branded TeleNav. Same as the old Sprint Nav (which has since been re-branded back to "TeleNav").
    06-26-12 07:12 PM
    I used to used VZNavigator, but couldn't justify paying for once I had a BlackBerry with BlackBerry Maps already on it for free...I hated it at first, but got used to it and found it had pretty much the same feature, although not nearly as convenient to use, and not nearly as up to date it seems as the VZ Navigator. But, it does the job, so I can't really complain. And I haven't seen a recent version of VZ Navigator...that may be greatly improved too..
    08-02-12 12:09 AM
    I used to used VZNavigator, but couldn't justify paying for once I had a BlackBerry with BlackBerry Maps already on it for free...I hated it at first, but got used to it and found it had pretty much the same feature, although not nearly as convenient to use, and not nearly as up to date it seems as the VZ Navigator. But, it does the job, so I can't really complain. And I haven't seen a recent version of VZ Navigator...that may be greatly improved too..

You should get Telenav. It makes BB Maps look like a joke. Its only $10/ year and worth every penny.

VZ Navigator is a rip off. You're better off buying a Tom Tom if you're gonna pay every month.
    08-02-12 12:13 AM
    I still can't believe I paid $4.99 for three days usage of Verizon's navigator when on a road trip once. It worked ok, just to much coin. Since the google maps upgrade to turn by turn nav (yeah, it was awhile ago) I just use it for a quickie and have my garmin for all else. Verizon should just throw in the navigation app for a bonus for anyone stuck with a shared plan.
    08-02-12 12:21 PM
    BB Traffic now has turn-by-turn directions and it's FREE. Has a great set of interfaces. You should check it out in App World.
    08-02-12 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD