04-06-10 03:48 PM
77 1234
tools
    The is no flipping way to add my address as a favorite. Grr!!

Any way to go back to the 4x version?
    Can you bring it into a corp store and see what they say?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-10 11:27 PM
    what's up with the sponsored ads in this version when doing a place search??? i'm not paying $10/month for ads... also it seems the search function is worse than before. i did a search for barbeque restaurants near my GPS location.... my results are: a sponsored ad for sears auto center, an attorney at law, a realty management company, and a tax group???? not one actual restaurant?? i might be switching to Telenav soon...
    02-10-10 09:42 PM
    what's up with the sponsored ads in this version when doing a place search??? i'm not paying $10/month for ads... also it seems the search function is worse than before. i did a search for barbeque restaurants near my GPS location.... my results are: a sponsored ad for sears auto center, an attorney at law, a realty management company, and a tax group???? not one actual restaurant?? i might be switching to Telenav soon...
    I never noticed and have done a number of searches.

02-11-10 05:20 AM
    not sure what your talking about... I use this VZ Navigator almost everyday and I have yet to see any adds ever..
    02-11-10 06:08 AM
    There are Sponsored Ads added to every search. They're not intrusive and don't bother me too much. But i agree they shouldn't be there if we're paying a monthly fee.

In this example i did a search for restaurants around Hershey Park.

Maybe this means VZ Nav will be offered free soon.

02-11-10 06:19 AM
    wow.. I've never seen those Ads ^^ thats crazy that there on here though! Paying 10 bucks a month for ads??
    02-11-10 07:25 AM
    I had to really look to notice them. What is Verizon thinking? Moving to Telenav or Garmin because of the ads, won't happen for me. VZW should reduce my monthly charge for viewing the ads.
    02-11-10 11:36 AM
    Agreed! i wouldn't switch to Garmin Mobile or LifeInPocket etc. i've used different GPS apps and VZ Nav is the best so far. i'd like to try out Drioid's GPS though!

Here are some thoughts on Garmin v VZ Navigator. i've been comparing the two for a while.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ga...62/index3.html

02-11-10 11:41 AM
    wow.. I've never seen those Ads ^^ thats crazy that there on here though! Paying 10 bucks a month for ads??
    Well, thats Verizon.... Its like a love hate relationship with them.

Great service and coverage, but sometimes they are real douches.
    02-11-10 02:35 PM
    I upgraded and when I try and start this new version, it gives me an error about some java thing sometimes OR when I click to start the navigator, nothing happens at all, Ive tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and nothing works for me!

Is there a way to downgrade the Navigator?
    02-13-10 01:02 AM
    I upgraded and when I try and start this new version, it gives me an error about some java thing sometimes OR when I click to start the navigator, nothing happens at all, Ive tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and nothing works for me!

What O/S? What other software have you installed? As a suggestion you can bring it in to a corporate store and let them look at it. If you can't use it, have it removed from your account so you don't pay for it.
    02-13-10 09:15 AM

Did you check to assure the permissions for the software are properly set?

options>advanced options>applications. Once the apps are listed highlight vznav and the menu>edit permissions. Make sure they are all set to allow.
    02-13-10 09:22 AM
    I have been trying to upgrade to the latest version and can't. I'm running VZ Navigator 4.1.0, on OS 5.0.0.419
    When I start navigator and check for updates, click update, the browser window comes up. I click to download vz navigator but keep getting the error "system was unable to process your request, please try again later."

How did other Tour owners get the update. I'm paying for the service yet can't upgrade.
    02-14-10 11:06 AM
    I have been trying to upgrade to the latest version and can't. I'm running VZ Navigator 4.1.0, on OS 5.0.0.419
    When I start navigator and check for updates, click update, the browser window comes up. I click to download vz navigator but keep getting the error "system was unable to process your request, please try again later."

How did other Tour owners get the update. I'm paying for the service yet can't upgrade.
    have you tried to do a battery pull, then then go back into VZ Navigator and try to update again?
    02-14-10 01:09 PM
    have you tried to do a battery pull, then then go back into VZ Navigator and try to update again?
    Yep. I've tried everything I can think of short of going to the Verizon store.

Can someone send me the .alx files? I updated to 4.1.5.23 thinking maybe that would help. It didn't.
    Last edited by irie27; 02-14-10 at 03:01 PM. Reason: more info
    02-14-10 01:30 PM
    I still cannot add any addresses to my favorites. I cannot highlight any of the links the program produces. Any Storm users able to add favorites? I'm really starting to get pissed.
    02-14-10 06:24 PM
    Is there some data update involved? I downloaded the new version while in San Diego and immediately needed to find a hardware store. The address for one store didn't exist and the other closed 2 years earlier according to the store that was there.
    While looking a helpful person opened up Google Maps on a Droid and sent us to an Ace Hardware a couple of blocks away.
    Between that first experience and the ad's I'm not impressed. Looks pretty though.
    02-15-10 05:03 PM
    Is there a download site to go back to v4??
    02-15-10 06:09 PM
    Is there a download site to go back to v4??
    ya for real this new version sucks, soo confusing to navigate and the adds while searching are rediculous. I need to get the previous version back. I think i might have the cod in a backup i made with bbsak previous to updating so i am going to try deleting it off my phone and loading that up and see what happens. If it works, i can send you the file if you want...
    02-15-10 07:53 PM
    alright loaded up my backup from a couple weeks ago and am now running the older version 4.1.5 and its seems to be working fine. All i did was use bbsak to install the cod file of vz nav and did a battery pull and was done. even though i might be the minority, i definitely like this older version better than the new one
    02-15-10 08:39 PM
    alright loaded up my backup from a couple weeks ago and am now running the older version 4.1.5 and its seems to be working fine. All i did was use bbsak to install the cod file of vz nav and did a battery pull and was done. even though i might be the minority, i definitely like this older version better than the new one
    The new version is hands down faster while calculating routes and recalculating routes. The maps are nicer as well. I like the fact I can listen to directions using bluetooth. In addition, this version can phone home to aid in traffic navigation, which you can opt out of.

I agree some of the on-screen navigation could be improved, but's it's a definite win. The ads don't bother me, they aren't intrusive. Seems like one bug is the inability to delete a favorite, it's all or nothing. I am sure this will be fixed as well as some other stuff in a future update. The major update more than makes up for the minor issues.
    02-15-10 10:07 PM
    Ahh. I might have a backup copy as well. Thanks for the offer. I will let you know.

02-16-10 07:25 AM
    Can someone please upload the .cod file for version 5 for the 9630 thank you
    02-16-10 04:47 PM
    Right now, I hate it. I got an error message when I updated through the app itself. Kept getting out of memory and or error with start file. I had removed all apps from my phone, even the nav. Then backed it up and wiped my phone. Now, it says reload software:552. The **** I'm wishing I had never updated it now. I'm reloading the OS back now and will use the last back prior to today's backup and use the old one. Screw the new one.
    Last edited by babyface35762; 02-17-10 at 02:49 AM.
    02-17-10 02:30 AM
    The 552 Error isn't caused by VZ Navigator specifically. Any app can cause that error. You'll most likely get that error again since you're using OS 4.7. The app that causes it is random.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/er...lution-417139/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/he...-552-a-272431/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ou...-there-403047/

02-17-10 07:05 AM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD