04-06-10 03:48 PM
77 123 ...
tools
    I just downloaded the 5.1 Navigator on my Tour. I love it, much better then it used to be. However, one of my main fuctions is gone I think?

When I type my address in where I need to go, it obviously tells me where to go, but I no longer can scroll through the steps to see my next couple or few turns I need to make coming up. It wont let me scroll to my next step a head of time like it used too.

is this a problem on the 5.1?? even though 5.1 is a much needed update, not having that feature will make me downgrade again.

any help is needed
    02-02-10 06:16 PM
    I noticed on my Storm that when I swipe side to side, it gives me a summary of my next steps. I can select any one of those steps and it will read that step out loud to me.
    02-02-10 08:13 PM
    I noticed on my Storm that when I swipe side to side, it gives me a summary of my next steps. I can select any one of those steps and it will read that step out loud to me.
    Thats how it should be on my Tour just like it used to be before I upgraded it. can anyone else confirm this as well?
    02-02-10 09:20 PM
    Thats how it should be on my Tour just like it used to be before I upgraded it. can anyone else confirm this as well?
    They moved the feature around. Pressing the BB key will bring up a menu item. Look for "list", that will provide a more concise listing of steps.
    02-02-10 10:45 PM
    Some Verizon customers upgrading to VZ Navigator 5.0 or 5.1 commented that the 5.0 version does not allow them to scroll the track-ball or track-pad to see what the next turn is going to be. Not to worry...the new 5.0 version allows you to view the next 4 turns all simultaneously by simply clicking the BB Menu button while navigating and select "List" from the window that pops up. "List" is the top selection in the window. Selecting "List" displays the next four turns, with an arrow showing if you have to turn right, left, or bear right/left at each turn.....and also the distance to each turn. Much better than the previous method of scrolling the track ball, which only let you see one turn at a time. VZ Navigator Techs really did their homework on this upgrade as it offers users several significant enhancements, one of which is you can now enter addresess or names by speaking; and, the above mentioned upcoming turns preview. Getting a wrecker to your exact location by pressing a button for roadside assistance is another commendabke enhancement. I too am new to the 5.0 version and I will most likely find additional enhancements worthy of praise.
    02-02-10 11:40 PM
    Some Verizon customers upgrading to VZ Navigator 5.0 or 5.1 commented that the 5.0 version does not allow them to scroll the track-ball or track-pad to see what the next turn is going to be. Not to worry...the new 5.0 version allows you to view the next 4 turns all simultaneously by simply clicking the BB Menu button while navigating and select "List" from the window that pops up. "List" is the top selection in the window. Selecting "List" displays the next four turns, with an arrow showing if you have to turn right, left, or bear right/left at each turn.....and also the distance to each turn. Much better than the previous method of scrolling the track ball, which only let you see one turn at a time. VZ Navigator Techs really did their homework on this upgrade as it offers users several significant enhancements, one of which is you can now enter addresess or names by speaking; and, the above mentioned upcoming turns preview. Getting a wrecker to your exact location by pressing a button for roadside assistance is another commendabke enhancement. I too am new to the 5.0 version and I will most likely find additional enhancements worthy of praise.
    thanks for the information. Yes, your right, that does work when you hit list. I think I'm just used to using the other VZ Navigator where I can just flick through the steps one at a time instead of having to go through the menu on the upgraded version to see whats coming up. I'll get used to the new way I'm sure, but I kinda miss the old way as it was easier to navigate.

This was a much needed update for VZ Navigator and i love it!
    02-03-10 08:22 AM
    I just updated on my Tour and I do like this new version. The street names as you are navigating is a nice addition. I like it so far.

One odd thing though, each time I start it I have to Acccept the EULA and the Traffic agreements. I would think that once done once it would remember it. Is this happening with anyone else ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-10 09:47 AM
    Atleast it works on your Tour. I keep getting an error message. Works perfectly on my Storm2, but not on the Tour.
    02-03-10 12:05 PM
    I just updated on my Tour and I do like this new version. The street names as you are navigating is a nice addition. I like it so far.

One odd thing though, each time I start it I have to Acccept the EULA and the Traffic agreements. I would think that once done once it would remember it. Is this happening with anyone else ?

This does not happen to me. I accepted the EULA and traffic agreement one time. Maybe you didn't grant this trusted application status?
    02-03-10 01:31 PM
    This does not happen to me. I accepted the EULA and traffic agreement one time. Maybe you didn't grant this trusted application status?
    Actually mine stopped as well. I tried a battery pull after I poste dthis and all is well now. Really liking this new version.
    02-04-10 08:38 PM
    This is a much needed update. I have a couple questions regarding 5.1.

1. How do we add favorites?

2. Where are the Home & Work icons?

Thanks.
    02-07-10 06:15 PM
    This is a much needed update. I have a couple questions regarding 5.1.

1. How do we add favorites?

2. Where are the Home & Work icons?

Thanks.
    good questions.. I have no idea where those are at either.

anyone have any idea where to type in Intersections anymore on this new update? I needed to type in an Intersection and no idea where to do this at on this one?..
    02-07-10 07:32 PM
    good questions.. I have no idea where those are at either.

anyone have any idea where to type in Intersections anymore on this new update? I needed to type in an Intersection and no idea where to do this at on this one?..
    You have to play around with it. The options are under FIND Addresses. And the BBery key contains more options.

02-07-10 10:31 PM
    still cant find out where to type in Intersections at?
    02-08-10 07:02 AM
    You have to play around with it. The options are under FIND Addresses. And the BBery key contains more options.

There doesn't appear to be any way to add an address as a favorite.

02-08-10 07:15 AM
    There doesn't appear to be any way to add an address as a favorite.

In the address box type:

12th and Vine 90210

Move the cursor to the magnifying glass and select it. When the results come back use the BBerry key to bring up the add as favorite option.

02-08-10 07:39 AM
    In the address box type:

12th and Vine 90210

Move the cursor to the magnifying glass and select it. When the results come back use the BBerry key to bring up the add as favorite option.

That did the trick. thank you.

this is a good update, but not nearly as easy to navigate through like the older style used to be..
    02-08-10 07:55 AM
    To Add a Favorite:
    Find
    Places
    Enter your search criteria (or type address)
    Highlight Result
    Menu
    Add To Favorites

i'm still getting used to the new layout. i think i have it all figured out except one thing:

How do i delete an existing Favorite?! Thanks!

02-08-10 05:36 PM
    The new 5 version of VZ Navigator didn't actually drop any features. They're just moved around and accessed differently. i was disgruntled at first too because i love VZ Nav and have been using it for years. So i got so used to how it was laid out.

But the new version is so much better. Once you find how to access everything again, you'll find it's even easier to use the menus! i'm gruntled again.

You can still view your Recent, Favorites and do Local Searches. Nothing has been removed. Just streamlined.

02-08-10 05:40 PM
    The new 5 version of VZ Navigator didn't actually drop any features. They're just moved around and accessed differently. i was disgruntled at first too because i love VZ Nav and have been using it for years. So i got so used to how it was laid out.

But the new version is so much better. Once you find how to access everything again, you'll find it's even easier to use the menus! i'm gruntled again.

You can still view your Recent, Favorites and do Local Searches. Nothing has been removed. Just streamlined.

I agree it's a welcome upgrade. I cannot find the delete favorites. I think it's a bug. Seems like the only option is to delete all favorites.
    02-08-10 10:29 PM
    To Add a Favorite:
    Find
    Places
    Enter your search criteria (or type address)
    Highlight Result
    Menu
    Add To Favorites

i'm still getting used to the new layout. i think i have it all figured out except one thing:

How do i delete an existing Favorite?! Thanks!

Well. I am currently out of state. When I type in my address, VZ Nav only displays locations near my current GPS location. There has to be another way. What a pain.

02-09-10 07:11 AM
    Are you looking to find POIs in an area different than the one you're currently in? To locate POI other than current location, and add as favorite; If so, then:

Find
    Places
    Click on Current Location
    Change Current Location
    Select POI(s) you're searching for
    Highlight result
    Menu
    Add to Favorite

This will search for POIs around the area you changed to. This is handy for, say, finding hotels around Hershey Park when you're currently in Florida.

Let me know if that's what you were looking to do.

02-09-10 07:18 AM
    I appreciate your patience. I am wondering if this is a Storm issue. I again follow the steps listed. I assume the "current location" line is a link? For some reason I am not able to highlight the link. I can type in my address and it appears as a link. I cannot highlight that link either.

Can any Storm users confirm this.
    02-09-10 09:31 AM
    The is no flipping way to add my address as a favorite. Grr!!

Any way to go back to the 4x version?
    Last edited by Lodingi; 02-09-10 at 07:50 PM.
    02-09-10 07:47 PM
    I need to know how I can get the coordinates of my location. The older version I could hit find me and the click location info I think and it would tell me them. I am in EMS and Life flight does not use road maps they use coordinates and it was great to walk into a field and call them on the radio, give them to them and poof there was my helicpoter in a few min. Now I cant find how to do that, any ideas?
    02-09-10 11:26 PM
77 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD