When will they have this new version for the BB 8130. I hear LG phones have the ability to download this update some how. Voice recognition works great with Google Mobile App so why not have it for VZ Navigator.

That is the only thing missing from VZ Navigator. If I could speak my directions to VZ Navigator it would be wonderful.

b
    06-17-09 02:04 PM
    Unsure exactly what might be the issue with this - it could be the enhanced VZNav software has not yet been ported to BlackBerry. Or, it could be a memory issue on the Pearl.

Some apps like this are client/server, where a portion of the app functionality is maintained on the server. Smartphones tend to have the entire app loaded to the phone, with only data sent back & forth.

I guess this really wasn't much of an answer, because if it is just a porting issue, there is hope. If it is a memory issue, there may not be.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 02:53 PM
    It does seem my 8130 doesn't have a whole lot of memory. Being a blackberry, you would think they would beef up the memory a little for apps like this. I guess all we can do is wait and see what happens. I do love the google mobile app voice recognition though. very cool.
    06-17-09 03:26 PM
    I would like to see this feature as well. As well as a version of VZnav that will load and operate faster on the Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 06:22 AM
    06-18-09 06:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD