Ok, it's 3:40 AM so maybe i'm just delirious...

i have VZ Nav, which i use fairly often. i *thought* i had the latest version because i periodically click Check For Updates within the app itself. Did this yesterday after upgrading OS 9630/4.7.1.61. Stated VZ Nav was up to date with version 4.1.0.

i was checking out VZW Today and clicked on VZ Navigator and saw that version 4.1.5 is listed, and downloaded it.

Was there a 4.5 version that i downgraded from?
    How long has this update been out?
    Why didn't i get update in VZ app itself?
    What are the changes from 4.1.0?
    What version are you guys using?

Maybe i misread my old version and accidentally downgraded! It *is* early. Any insight would be great!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 02:53 AM
    There is a 4.5 version but it is only for GIN devices and not for Blackberry or windows mobile.

The big difference in version is the speech recognition with 4.5

Last edited by tsguy52; 11-24-09 at 05:53 AM.
    11-24-09 05:43 AM
    Yes, i remembered that after a while.

What is the latest VZ Navigator for non touch screen BlackBerry? Is 4.1.5 it?

What changed from 4.1.0?

Thanks.

11-24-09 06:33 AM
    Was definitely updated to 4.1.5. Just downloaded it to Tour. Maybe some of the inane little issues were resolved.
    Last edited by i7guy; 11-24-09 at 09:06 AM.
    11-24-09 09:03 AM
    Ok thanks! i'm hoping for another big update soon.

11-24-09 11:41 AM
    When I checked the version through the application, it displays a message stating the version is up to date. Now I know to check the version through get it now.
    11-24-09 12:25 PM
    Agreed. i will check there too. i've never had the 'Check For Update' feature within the VZ Navigator work.

i like VZ Nav a lot. It works well and i take a lot of road trips. i would like to see the green splash screen upon app open to be quicker. Route updates could be a bit faster too. When driving in the city in Orlando i was nearly missing some turns.
    11-24-09 01:09 PM
    I've used VZNAV in different areas of the US. It works as advertised and I trust it enouth that I do not have to carry a separate device. I'll be testing 4.1.5 and report back. Integration with address book is nice, but I like the voice search feature. Waiting for that to return.
    11-24-09 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD