10-12-08 01:22 PM
68 123
tools
    This version kicks a-ss. So we can text message within the navigator how cool is that.

Love this nav system.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-08 02:26 PM
    Do you suppose this thing would load and exit faster if we did not have to view splash screens.... geez I think we all know we have VZ nav because we PAY FOR IT!

Oh well at least it is faster then the 2.x version.

One negative note, this version still can't find one of my locations that has been in existance for more than 15 years!!

This is a good upgrade that has some of the options other apps that use the gps, so on one hand we all should be happy. On another the dang GPS is still locked so we can't use other tools like a milage app that logs miles automatically for IRS purposes or those cool golf apps that will tell my just how far my slice is from the green

As a funny note how many have noticed that VZW has removed all reference to a GPS on the website for this device, yet this app mentions GPS on almost every screen. LOL we have no stinking GPS we have VZ Nav
    09-18-08 02:32 PM
    How do you figure you don't have gps? Esplain to me Lucy.......

09-18-08 03:22 PM
    i agree, stengen, we could do without the pomp when opening the nav! lol. it takes a a bit too long!

other than thati love vz nav! there is a restaurant here that my nav won't locate either. it's been here a year and not sure how long it would take to get it listed on gps systems. i just have the address saved as a favorite instead!

Troy, i think he's saying that in jest. it seems like VZW has no mention of GPS on their BB info. maybe because they don't want the "false advertisement" peeps chiming in.

we offer VZ NAV. never said we offer GPS. i think they word it to say get GPS directions using VZ Nav.
    09-18-08 03:41 PM
    I can already guess the answer to this question, but I am going to ask just to be sure.

Do you have to be a Verizon customer to get this? I have T-Mobile with an unlocked AT&T Curve 8310.

I figure that having T-Mobile service on an AT&T phone with a Verizon GPS program would just be wonderful.
    09-18-08 03:42 PM
    yes. to get VZ NAV you must be a VZW customer with a VZW phone.

i'm not sure of the other carriers GPS offerings. someone will fill you in i'm sure!
    09-18-08 03:44 PM
    Yes you need to be on VZW to get it. It only works when you VZW had the proper feature added.
    09-18-08 03:45 PM
    Installed...all went well...so everyone thanks for the heads up. BTW... Really like the Traffic Option!
    09-18-08 04:57 PM
    I still can't download, I have completely removed VZ Nav 2.9.9 and when I go to Bookmarks, click Download I still get the error "the system was unable to process your request, Try again later." There is a little Red House on the screen as well. Is there another place to download? I have confirmed that my VZ Nav is turned on with VZW.com. Please Advise!! Thanks for the help!
    09-18-08 06:22 PM
    Might be server overload as there a lot of people that are downloading it. Battery reset and keep trying.
    09-18-08 06:58 PM
    I love it! I am a road comic and I need to know where the cheapest gas is. When I am in a new town and need to eat I can just look it up on my phone without driving around getting lost and spending more money on gas.
    09-18-08 07:06 PM
    Just food for thought, I just called Verizon and asked for a 30 day trial of the new version and they gave me a $9.99 credit. I explained that I wasn't happy with the old version, and wanted to try the new version... Don't know if I just got lucky, or they are allowed to do this... Although I can't get it to download on my phone, I guess I'll call Tech support and see what they can do...
    09-18-08 07:13 PM
    Can anyone post the link that the "download button" takes you to? I'm wondering if the shortcut I have is wrong on my phone.
    09-18-08 07:16 PM
    Can anyone post the link that the "download button" takes you to? I'm wondering if the shortcut I have is wrong on my phone.
    What exactly are you seeing?

Should be at mobile.vzwapps.com
    09-18-08 08:16 PM
    http://mobile.vzw.com/download/vznav...ZNavigator.jad

09-18-08 08:22 PM
    ok so here is my deal, I have a 8330 with OS 4.5 on it. When I go to my bookmarks, I click VZ Navigator... 2) Download I get the error "The system was unable to processyour request, please try again later." When I try it on my wife's phone (She has 4.3) and it works perfectly fine. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? I've tried sending the links to my phone and clicking on them, but even then the link does the same thing. Please help me!! thanks

Update: I tried mm_styles link and it looks like it may have worked... I'll update when finished downloading!
    09-18-08 08:36 PM
    ok so here is my deal, I have a 8330 with OS 4.5 on it. When I go to my bookmarks, I click VZ Navigator... 2) Download I get the error "The system was unable to processyour request, please try again later." When I try it on my wife's phone (She has 4.3) and it works perfectly fine. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? I've tried sending the links to my phone and clicking on them, but even then the link does the same thing. Please help me!! thanks

Update: I tried mm_styles link and it looks like it may have worked... I'll update when finished downloading!
    *30 minutes later...* lol, hope it worked for you.
    09-18-08 09:11 PM
    *30 minutes later...* lol, hope it worked for you.
    Got it.

I had to uninstall old version and restart and download.

I like the 3d nav option. There are also more voices. Have to see how this Traffic avoidance thing works out (or don't). Anyone avoid traffic with this thing yet??
    09-18-08 09:20 PM
    I have 4.5.77 installed and it went fine for me. I used the link on the vzw homepage that is default on the bb and I set permissions before I downloaded it. I had trouble the first time but the second time I was able to download just fine. I think I was just being paranoid the second time so I keep my trackball moving so my screen wouldn't time out just so I could watch the progress bar

Good luck! I'm so happy to have the vzn I had on my envy! I can now find the local wal-mart in every town!
    09-18-08 09:52 PM
    Thanks mm_style the link did the trick for me, somehow my homepage for VZW is all messed up on my phone, and I don't know how to fix it. But now I am navigating, and your my hero! Thanks everyone for your input!! and sorry for the delay in responding!
    09-19-08 09:20 AM
    anyone wonder why they didn't design the software to time out the keyboard... it freaking staying on all the time... another feature request i would like to see if I used it, would be to change the background to black... much better on eyes at night, IMO.....

Other then that it works well, but they are still way behind times...
    09-19-08 09:28 AM
    Thanks mm_style the link did the trick for me, somehow my homepage for VZW is all messed up on my phone, and I don't know how to fix it. But now I am navigating, and your my hero! Thanks everyone for your input!! and sorry for the delay in responding!
    Glad it worked for you

09-19-08 10:59 AM
    I'm now complete place messages AND I can manage my favorites and sync them with my verizon site! Its all so...convenient. Such a long wait thought glad its finally here!

09-19-08 11:23 AM
    Been waiting forever for this. I kept my eyes on Cb, waiting for the news. The cool part is, it can sync, so all my old bookmarks from my old phone showed up. Very nice.
    09-19-08 07:21 PM
    09-20-08 09:34 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD