Is there a way to use my home PC (or any other) to locate where my phone is at. I am thinking of, for example, lending it to my child when they are traveling and being able to track their location with it. Is this possible?

D
    02-06-09 03:22 PM
    i know verizon offers the 'chaperone' service, where you can add on the service and see where you're child is..not sure about all the details though, i beleive you need a phone that is compatible with the service, again, not 100% sure
    02-06-09 03:26 PM
    Verizon Wireless: Chaperone Details

Chaperone is a good feature but not available on BlackBerry at this time.
    02-06-09 03:29 PM
    Hum ... so nope. I can't track my location. How do employers do it with employees? I have read here that the BB users are in some cases tracked by employers. How is that done?
    02-06-09 03:38 PM
    Couldn't you just pull up your account from Verizonwireless.com to see where the call is originating from?
    02-06-09 03:39 PM
    u can always try that new google latitude. only problem is that I think the app needs to stay open and running in the background to share the location
    02-06-09 05:10 PM
    Hum... tried the latitude. I do not get it really. How does it work? I am not seeing instruction (everything appears loaded and working).
    02-06-09 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD