I used this maybe like a year ago or more on my Razr. I got a free trial. It wasn't that great. It wasn't accurate enough to tell like exactly where I was. If traveling on the interstate and there was a service road right next to it it couldn't really tell what road I was on.

I doubt I will add this service but has it improved any in this aspect? Or is it still like accurate within like 10 meters (which is a lot when talking road directions)
    09-18-08 06:47 PM
    I have only been using it for a couple of weeks but it is spot on for me. I think the accuracy says 50ft but I have never seen it falter unless I made a wrong turn and it is recalculating.
    09-18-08 07:54 PM
    I have only been using it for a couple of weeks but it is spot on for me. I think the accuracy says 50ft but I have never seen it falter unless I made a wrong turn and it is recalculating.
    Been using VNAV 2.9.x for over a while now. Pretty dead on. Now with the 4.x upgrade, it actually tells me my home address when I do the "Where am I now?" option.
    09-18-08 09:30 PM
    VZNav 4.X is now linked with 411.

You have more search options now. I was playing with it earlier this morning... I search Pineapple Express, which led me to nearby theaters that are showing it, as well as the showtimes, and directions.

I also searched for random "mom and pop shops" nearby me. It would give me the address, phone number, and directions. One thing I do like about VZNav is that I could type my address into VZNav, then send a msg to a friend via VZNav... that way my friends can't type my address wrong. Pretty nifty.

I'll make use of the traffic updates on tomorrow's commute to work.
    09-19-08 05:20 AM
    Hmm....Still don't think its worth the extra $10 a month. If it was $5 I might consider it.
    09-19-08 06:13 AM
    Hmm....Still don't think its worth the extra $10 a month. If it was $5 I might consider it.
    I don't look at it that way. I see it as it saves me time and money.

It's like paying a little over 25 cents a day. Personally, I use it almost every day.

Here's what I do think is a waste of money: The $3500 that people spend on GPS systems when they buy a brand new car.

I see it like this: It's $120 / year. You get essentially "free" map updates that are frequent. You also get software updates. Most "household" gps units, such as Garmin, don't have realtime traffic updates, weather updates, etc. Or you if they do, you have to buy extra accessories and/or subscribe to a monthly service anyway. Most GOOD gps units cost upwards of $250/$350. You ussually only get map updates for 30days to sometimes 1 year from purchase. So, $120 for not doing any and having everything automaticly updated for you is a deal for ME. Oh, and you car ONE thing that has your communication tools and maps.
    09-19-08 06:55 AM
    Very good points. I don't travel out of my local 30 mile range and when I do I usually know where to go and how to get there.

I def would never spend 3500 on a factory GPS system. I know there are very nice aftermarket units out there that can be had for half that price with more features. The extra VZNav money could easily be put into a nice double DIN unit for my car. Thats the way I look at it at least.
    09-19-08 07:31 AM
    The new BB 4 version is much more accurate my house is now where it is supposed to be

With version 2 it was off by 10 + houses
    09-19-08 08:25 AM
    Its pretty good, yet not as good as TeleNav.
    09-19-08 08:37 AM
    Where can I find the updated version of vz nav???
    09-19-08 11:46 AM
    You have to make sure you delete the 2.9 from your device before you download 4.1. I got mine by visiting the VZ start bookmark in my BlackBerry browser and following the "navigation" links should show version 4.1 to download if it doesn't hit menu/refresh and 4.1 should appear......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-08 11:58 AM
    VZNavigator

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-08 12:02 PM
    pretty accurate, I just tried to nav a trip plan from my office, 75 feet from the road, and it told me that I wasn't on a road and what road to get on to start my trip...
    09-19-08 02:27 PM
    Just did the update to 4.1 and as far as accuracy...(for me) it is a bit less accurate. The old version had me on the correct street of my residence; ver. 4.1 says I am a complete street away.

Keep in mind, these streets are very close to on another in my condo complex...not a big deal to me.
    09-19-08 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD