I upgraded to the newest a couple of weeks ago just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues.

1) even after exiting the nav (yes not just switching application) actually exiting through the menu the program comes back on (sometimes)?

2) the old version when you type a address it would always default to numbers for the first keys until you hit space the it would go to alpha, now it goes to alpha when you start typing.. Also it would auto fill a field when you stated typing and you could just roll to the end of the field to accept. Now every time you have to retype the whole thing?

I did do a search and could find nothing.. I contacted Verizon they said I could not switch back to the older version..
    Thanks Wally
    11-17-08 12:59 PM
    1. Seems to be a known issue on the boards. You should report it to VZW. Maybe they'll come up with a fix. It's happened to me a few times since upgrading to OS 4.5, though i don't find it that annoying. i just close it again. http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/vz-...its-own-79496/

2. Same here. i miss that feature but it's not major to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-08 01:07 PM
    I upgraded to the newest a couple of weeks ago just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues.

1) even after exiting the nav (yes not just switching application) actually exiting through the menu the program comes back on (sometimes)?
    Yup

2) the old version when you type a address it would always default to numbers for the first keys until you hit space the it would go to alpha, now it goes to alpha when you start typing.. Also it would auto fill a field when you stated typing and you could just roll to the end of the field to accept. Now every time you have to retype the whole thing?
    Yup
    11-17-08 03:06 PM
    1) This has not happened to me.

2) The fact that it does not default to numeric is very frutstrating. However once you start to type a city you can still roll to the end. It just does not start to auto fill and show the remaining letters. I found this out be accident.

I have filed a trouble ticket with VZW, they sent me a message to tell me that a ticket was filed and now they have no record of it even after forwarding the text message that I received.

Hope this helps.
    11-19-08 09:38 AM
    thanks for the auto fill tip to bad it does not work for streets
    11-19-08 02:59 PM
    I have several problems with VZ Nav:

1. it will occasionally stop giving me turn by turn directions> I'll end up seeiing the triange icon with the (!) and (GPS) on the right side. I think this means theres some sort of issue with the GPS because whenever I see it, it stops giving me turn by turn instructions ven though the route is still on the screen.

2. Occasional restarts after I closed it down.

3. App and nav errors when calculating directions while at the same time getting a msg/red light flash
    11-19-08 05:09 PM
    RicanMedic78 - I have the exact same problems. Just out of curiosity are you on BES or do you use BIS? I am wondering if somehow that makes a difference.
    11-20-08 04:24 PM
    BIS ... doubt it has anything to do with that tho. I think GPS is isolated from the BIS/BES services
    11-21-08 12:28 AM
    I am having the same issue with my VZ Nav & BBMaps.... VZ nav says that im currently not where I really am, and doesn't like to update at all... For example, I'm on I-95 northbound and I turn VZ Nav on and put the correct address in. Then it will calculate route, tell me I'm NOT on a road (It actually put me in the middle of a lake next to the highway, b/c apparently my BB Storm wants to get tossed in the lake) then I can drive for a good hour and the Nav will tell me I'm still driving in the lake..... As for BB Maps, I can be inside, outside, on the top of a building in downtown Silver Spring MD, and still "Searching for Satellites"..... I have no Idea whats going wrong w/ this new Storm I got, but its realllllllly frustrating! I have changed all permissions to "Allow", I have turned location on, I have soft reset by yanking out the battery for a few min, and still, Nada.... Someone please help me soon, b/c verizon is taking their sweet time to call me back on this "trouble ticket" and I have a feeling they are just gonna tell me that they have no idea....
    12-02-08 08:31 AM
    my vz nav has gone haywire and I just removed it all together. It has wayyyy too many problems for me. And when I tried to open it from my dad's env 2 and saw how fast it opened, I was just like awww screw this!
    12-02-08 08:36 AM
    first, when I open the app, its a 50/50 chance that it will open up to the main menu. A lot of times it will just stay with the main green screen with a continuous hour glass. Then when I hit the end button it goes back to the main menu, but when I try to open it again, it starts over like opening it for the first time and does the same thing over and over.

For the other 50% that it does open, it rarely ever finds me while I'm either "in motion" or if my phone is actively receiving "stuff" (email, texts etc). Can someone say "continuous hour glass?" OMG!

Anyhow, then for the rare times that it actually calculates and starts out on the right track, many times GPS would get killed for some odd reason and in the 3D nav screen, it will never update to the next turn and on the right side it will show a triange labeled GPS with an ! mark. And theres like a 20% chance if not less that this goes away and goes back to normal.

Then sometimes as its working, for moving to the next turn, a lot of times it will take too long to calculate (appears to be memory leakage issues) and a lot of times it will calculate a turn too late! This is not because of the GPS, this is because of a slow phone. I checked the file free and a lot of times it will be fine and hovering around 27mb and still, same problem. I have noticed however that ALL programs, facebook, myspace, viigo, IMers, flickr should be signed off when opening vz nav. So with a battery pull and signing off to all programs, I would say vz nav works ok about 10% of the time!

I'm just frustration with all these problems I'm having with it! On my dad's env, its flawless!
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 12-02-08 at 08:49 AM.
    12-02-08 08:41 AM
    I just switched from the EnV to this paperweight they call a Storm.... Nav worked AMAZING on the EnV, but the storm is showing me how crappy VZW can really be!
    12-02-08 08:42 AM
    Thats the same issues Im having! F-You VZW and Blackberry for putting out a crap product and having no idea how to fix it!
    12-02-08 08:44 AM
    I find that I have more problems with 4.1.0 than I did with the previous verizon. Don't know if its caused because of its relation to 4.5 os but whatever it is, I'm pretty sure we're not the only ones having the problem. And if they expect me to pay freakin 9.99 for this, they need to fix this thing quick!

Oh wait, theres no competition so theres no initiative to fix it well...
    12-05-08 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD