One thing BB has gotten me into is patience. VZ big announcement, we'll carry the iphone4.. whew.. they are selling 1 yrs old phone (cool phones, not for me) but a whole bunch of folks are going to fork over big $$ to get them. Then Mr Jobs will come around early summer and announce Ihpone5 and ll these folks will be.. hey.. that's cool see what the '5' does.. can't wait. Well they should wait, and by doing so send a message to carriers that providing leading edge equipment in a timely fashion is fair to the customer.

Instead VZ is the vultures coming in for the carcass scraps after the lions have
    feasted on the meat...
    01-11-11 12:04 PM
    Exactly how is the iPhone 4 "dying"? With that mindset, most Android phones are DOA.
    01-11-11 12:16 PM
    They don't mind selling year old technology as it will still making a KILLING. The iPhone hasn't evolved a huge amount in the last few years. Look at the 3G and 3GS which is still being sold.
    01-11-11 12:19 PM
    There is no doubt they will make $$... a phone is only good until a newer version arrives.. I believe this will occur with the iphone.. I don't buy new cars in spring with newer models with better features coming out in the fall.

I don't have any proof iphone5 will happen.. but apple recycles on a 1 yr basis.
    Does anyone know if this were to materialize, what are Vz options on the new phone compared to ATT.. would both carriers get it ?
    01-11-11 12:23 PM
    There is no doubt they will make $$... a phone is only good until a newer version arrives.. I believe this will occur with the iphone.. I don't buy new cars in spring with newer models with better features coming out in the fall.

I don't have any proof iphone5 will happen.. but apple recycles on a 1 yr basis.
    Does anyone know if this were to materialize, what are Vz options on the new phone compared to ATT.. would both carriers get it ?
    This will not only occur with the iPhone, but it happens everyday in the technology industry. If you wait around for the next best thing, you will never have a device.

The chances of the iPhone 5 having many new features is very low. Do not expect the jump from the 3GS to the 4. It will be more like the 3G to the 3Gs. As far as Verizon getting the next iPhone when AT&T does...well no one knows. Anything said is pure speculation.
    01-11-11 12:28 PM
    It depends on wither Apple wants to make both a GSM and CDMA version of what ever they come out with next. AT&T no longer has exclusivity to the iPhone. That's why Verizon has it now. It's up to Apple if they want to make a new phone for Verizon to carry.
    01-11-11 12:29 PM
    [QUOTE=jorGeorge;5943452]This will not only occur with the iPhone, but it happens everyday in the technology industry. If you wait around for the next best thing, you will never have a device.

My Friend,,, this is true on a even playing ground, I put this thread in the VZ zone because I feel VZ is taking advantage of the iphone popularity when they will soon be another choice, grab the $ now. I personally think vz should have waited for the iphone5 to pop for this announce together, again it's all about slices of the mobile pie..
    01-11-11 12:38 PM
    [QUOTE=jamdmyers;5943487]
    This will not only occur with the iPhone, but it happens everyday in the technology industry. If you wait around for the next best thing, you will never have a device.

My Friend,,, this is true on a even playing ground, I put this thread in the VZ zone because I feel VZ is taking advantage of the iphone popularity when they will soon be another choice, grab the $ now. I personally think vz should have waited for the iphone5 to pop for this announce together, again it's all about slices of the mobile pie..
    Of course they're taking advantage of the opportunity. They are a business after all and at the end of the day they want to come home with as much money as possible. Anyone who has been living for the past few years knows the iPhone life cycle. Consumers need to be smart enough to make the decision on whether or not they want the phone now or want to wait for the next device. Thinking that Verizon is tricking customers is pretty stupid because those customers should know better. If they don't, well then that's their fault.
    01-11-11 12:58 PM
    A "dying" iPhone is still newer and more advanced than the newest BlackBerry. So it's still an upgrade for those with the S1, Tour on VZW.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 01:25 PM
    I still think it's pretty hard to say what will come in the summer. If they don't put 4G on the iPhone (similar play to what they did with the original, since 3G was already available), then I don't see much else that could really enhance the phone. I think Apple may go a different direction than most people think and go for an LTE version. It's not too common for them to release a product in the fashion they did, so maybe the cycle is changing.
    01-11-11 03:38 PM
    Why should they wait? As the Apple COO on the stage said, consumers want the iPhone now!!

I mean, should AT&T stop selling iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 now because iPhone 5 comes out in June?
    01-11-11 08:19 PM
    I think what I'm trying to articulate is this,
    I've read many forums over the past 10 years on cell phones and the
    desire of we consumers to have a phone we want, BB has done well
    but with emerging technologies and features it's difficult to keep pace
    and release products. The iphone is a good phone yet too has it's limits.

So we consumers take what we can get.. and many of us have the ATM
    mentality, I want it now.. yet if we were to not spend $ and VZ not make
    a killing on this phone, I pretty much think they would work with a mfg
    to get the product these forums are asking for. Yes people will say the
    iphone is what we wanted.. or is it what we settle for because that's
    all that is provided.. My mother made me eat her bean chili as a kid,
    I didn't care for it but it was the only food on the table
    01-12-11 07:24 AM
    VZW is going to make money regardless.
    Lets say they sell the iphone4 at $199 with a two year contract and $250 - $299 with a one year contract....that is not going to compare to the $100 a month that comes with that phone.
    01-12-11 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD