Does anybody have experience with the international add on and success with data (supposedly unlimited) in Asia?
    10-31-09 11:41 PM
    yes i've used this several times... You have to put on the global data and voice roaming its like 64.99 for the month. It gives you unlimited data usage and discounted calling rated. Its absolutely unlimited data.. it worked great even when I was in Europe When you return you go back to your plan!
    11-01-09 12:52 AM
    ok great, does that include tethering?
    11-01-09 01:19 AM
    yes i've used this several times... You have to put on the global data and voice roaming its like 64.99 for the month. It gives you unlimited data usage and discounted calling rated. Its absolutely unlimited data.. it worked great even when I was in Europe When you return you go back to your plan!
    It doesn't give you discounted calling rates. It just gives you unlimited data.

There is a voice plan that you can add that gives you discounted calling, which ALSO brings down the price of the data. It's all on the website.
    11-01-09 12:14 PM
    ok great, does that include tethering?
    No. Check out the website. You can get a tethering package for while traveling, but it has a relatively low amount of data usage and crazy overage charges.
    11-01-09 12:15 PM
    Yes. I used it for three weeks in Japan. Worked like a charm. Double check where you're going, you may need to manually set your GSM/UMTS settings.

VZW even prorated the Global BIS. Instead of the $29/BIS, the global $65 replaces it. Service was pretty much seamless for me.

Email, web, BBM, Yahoo IM, voice all worked for me.

I activated it all on the phone even though I was in the store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 12:31 PM
    You meant you can add the global data just for the period of overseas travel and remove it when you get back? I thought if you add the global data option, you cannot remove it during your contract.
    11-11-09 10:20 AM
    My husband is an airline pilot and has a blackberry tour. When he travels outside the US I call Verizon and they change his blackberry plan to the Global Plan just for those couple of days. I have them schedule it just for the couple of days he is out of the US so that when he returns he is put back on the $29.99 plan. So Verizon prorates the Global Plan just for the couple of days he uses it. It comes out to about $2/day. I have a tour as well so we can communicate via the blackberry messenger when he is out of the US. Hope this helps!

11-11-09 10:54 AM
    I believe Global Data is the $65 add $4 to get $69 for the discounted calling and UNlimited data. Calls to/from US and within at least, Western Europe (don't know about other places.) are $.99/minute.

And yes, prorated for the time used so BIS is stopped, Global kicks in, reverse when home and pay the share of each that was used during the billing period.
    11-11-09 09:39 PM
    69.98 includes discounted calling rates in select locations.

11-12-09 06:20 AM
    OK so quick update, I stopped by my local VZ store and waited for an hour but finally added international data. In Korea it worked flawlessly and automatically. Frankly, I think Korea has a lot going on with the latest and greatest technology.

Now, in Thailand, I had to auto select GSM as it finds a CDMA carrier but it seems only for voice, data never connects. Once you manually select GSM all seems to work, Facebook, Bberry Messenger, BIS, Intenet, Viigo, etc...
    11-23-09 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD