02-25-09 05:10 PM
59 123
tools
    that is very neat ...even better if we didn't have to pay 250$
    This is true if you pay 79.98 or more per month for the past 3 months, then you only have to pay 199.99.
    02-14-09 10:36 PM
    This is true if you pay 79.98 or more per month for the past 3 months, then you only have to pay 199.99.
    I paid the $199.99 price when I purchased this device.
    02-15-09 02:23 AM
    Never said it would not work, Most of these connections have latency and other concerns that do not work well with the extender If it works it will if not then it won't. If there are issues, VZW will not support the connection as they cannot assure the signal from the satellite.

Oh yes this is what the books says, satellite connections not recommended
    Well after 5 days of flashing red and blue system lights yesterday all blue so fired up the phone - 5 bars, -80 dB and it instantly calls out. Only problem no one can hear the outgoing call. Incoming call, phone gets it can hear perfectly the other party, same thing they can't hear me at all. Is there a router setting in play here?
    02-19-09 08:54 PM
    not sure about this. You might call in and VZW may send this to network. Also if you can get in router and disable SIP ALG see if this helps. Again it still might be connection and this might might prevent an escalation.
    02-19-09 08:59 PM
    Thanks - I did call in and they said they would escalate to vendor. Don't know if thats good or bad by the techrep said he did NOT tell them I was on satellite so that they wouldn't dismiss it out of hand which I commended him for. We'll see and I will check the router setting you mentioned in the meantime.

Thanks agin for yr input.
    02-19-09 11:36 PM
    Well the problem is that you are on satellite so it will never work right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 11:44 PM
    Just to expand and clarify my post...

Satellite data connections have far too much latency to be used with this service. The tech didn't really help you out so much as tell you what you wanted to hear.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 12:10 AM
    To finalize - you all were right. No joy on the Wildblue satellite after trying with VZW techs, Samsung techs and swapping out N.E.. Thanks all for input. I am sure there are many in rural locations like mine that can't get wired internet nor cell coverage. Someday someone will figure this out.
    02-25-09 12:54 PM
    To finalize - you all were right. No joy on the Wildblue satellite after trying with VZW techs, Samsung techs and swapping out N.E.. Thanks all for input. I am sure there are many in rural locations like mine that can't get wired internet nor cell coverage. Someday someone will figure this out.
    Keep up yur hopes. I hear good things about LTE G4 and it ability to increase area coverage. I hope this true and will help. Last thing I heard is that VZW will start roll out in 2010. I am sure though it will larger cities first though
    02-25-09 05:10 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD