For some reason my work e-mail on Lotus Notes is not forwarding to my BB anymore. (Note: I am not on the BIS for my company, I just set up the regular lotus notes mail forwarding service and directed it to my bb address.)

For some unknown reason the test e-mails go through to the device but none of the other emails do.

I went to Verizon store and asked the tech what's wrong. He said I would have to upgrade my data plan to receive my forwarded emails.

Does that sound bogus to anyone else? Do I really have to pay more to get emails forwarded?

Are there any reps who can explain this to me? THANKS!
    01-13-09 12:49 PM
    Try resending your service books.
    01-13-09 12:54 PM
    I tried it. No change.
    01-13-09 01:17 PM
    I'm not ultra savvy on this. But I know that they have a regular data plan and one that allows for permissions or something to connect to a business network. It's something with the security or encryption that is necessary for access to your businesses network. The "beefier" plan has the security features necessary so that you are not a possible threat to the network.
    01-13-09 01:22 PM
    You do have BIS?
    01-13-09 01:28 PM
    Yep, I get my service through VZW BIS.
    01-13-09 02:06 PM
    Try forwarding those Emails to a Gmail account. Then set a filter within Gmail to have those Emails forwarded to your Blackberry address.

You can also try forwarding those Emails to a Gmail account. Then add the Gmail account to your list of BIS accounts as another option.

Also, double check to make sure the forwarding settings you have setup up for your work Email are setup in a way that will actually send those Emails to your Blackberry.

See if any of those options will work for you before spending the extra money.
    01-13-09 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD