We're replacing our Blackberry Storms with Android phones and we'd like the unlock codes for the Storms before we sell them. We called VZ and they told us the unlock codes were the last 4 digits of the phone number assigned to them. It didn't work on either phone. We called back and were told that's the only unlock code VZ uses. Tried again and it didn't work.

The last 4 smells like BS to me, if that was the case it would be all over the net and no one could sell unlock codes. We've been VZ customers for 10+ years. What gives?
    04-27-11 05:41 PM
    You need to ask for the MEP unlock code.

Bear in mind that they are not obligated to give it to you for free. If the account/device is eligible (been on the account the proper length of time, account in good standing, eligible account, etc.) they might give it to you.

Otherwise, just purchase the codes from one of the unlocking vendors.
    04-27-11 06:08 PM
    We're replacing our Blackberry Storms with Android phones and we'd like the unlock codes for the Storms before we sell them. We called VZ and they told us the unlock codes were the last 4 digits of the phone number assigned to them. It didn't work on either phone. We called back and were told that's the only unlock code VZ uses. Tried again and it didn't work.

The last 4 smells like BS to me, if that was the case it would be all over the net and no one could sell unlock codes. We've been VZ customers for 10+ years. What gives?
    Sounds like the person you were talking to confused the SIM unlock code you were asking for, for the security unlock code. They can give you the codes as long as you meet the minimum requirements (as stated by Motorcycle Mama) and so you don't have to be transfered just call Global Support first. They would be the ones to do it anyway. 1-800-711-8300

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-11 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD