my contract doesnt end for another year, but im thinking about getting a new plan along w/a new BB. How much will they charge me to get out of my contract? or whatever. Im not sure how verizon operates with dealing this. thanks!
    09-19-09 09:54 AM
    Are you staying with Verizon, and just changing which plan you're on?
    If that's the case,they won't care.
    For the phone, they will charge u full retail most likely...unless ur a vip and have a 12month annual upgrade due.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 10:07 AM
    my contract doesnt end for another year, but im thinking about getting a new plan along w/a new BB. How much will they charge me to get out of my contract? or whatever. Im not sure how verizon operates with dealing this. thanks!
    Go to verizonwireless.com and sign up for "my Verizon." That lets you view and pay your bill online, along with the ability to do some other things. "My Verizon" customers also can do an annual upgrade. You can get a new phone every year at the promo price just my signing a new contract. That would be much cheaper and easier than breaking your current contract and you wouldn't have to get a new number either.
    If you happen to be a VIP customer, you can do the annual upgrade and get an extra $50 off.
    09-19-09 10:29 AM
    lets not forget also you get charge an additional 30 bucks for doing a 12 month upgrade on the phone. I forget what they call it, but you can't get out of that charge.

Now watch, someone will read this and make a comment about how they got out of it.
    09-19-09 10:30 AM
    Now watch, someone will read this and make a comment about how they got out of it.
    ROFL ha
    09-19-09 11:01 AM
    Its a $20 charge, and VIP customers don't pay it. That's what a VZW rep told me.

09-19-09 11:01 AM
    Its a $20 charge, and VIP customers don't pay it. That's what a VZW rep told me.

I knew it. BTW I'm also a VIP and yes I have paid. Oh well, I guess it depends on which representative you speak with, is the answer people will get.
    09-19-09 12:13 PM
    I knew it. BTW I'm also a VIP and yes I have paid. Oh well, I guess it depends on which representative you speak with, is the answer people will get.
    The early upgrade charge is automatically applied when you do an early upgrade for non-VIP customers. Its entirely possible you were not a VIP at the time the order was placed. VIP customers are selected every year and notified in Feb. The VIP benefit can end, particularly if the customer switches to a calling plan that is ineligible.

People registered at My Verizon are not automatically eligible for early upgrade. Early upgrades are determined by the price plan monthly access charge. VIP customers get the added benefit of an annual credit toward the purchase of a phone.
    09-19-09 02:42 PM
    lets not forget also you get charge an additional 30 bucks for doing a 12 month upgrade on the phone. I forget what they call it, but you can't get out of that charge.

Now watch, someone will read this and make a comment about how they got out of it.I knew it. BTW I'm also a VIP and yes I have paid. Oh well, I guess it depends on which representative you speak with, is the answer people will get.
    No one's talking about how to get out of it. The fee is $20, not $30, and it does not apply to VIP customers.
    That's what a VZW rep told me.
    09-19-09 03:50 PM
    how do u become a vip?
    09-20-09 10:47 PM
    pay more... LOL

no really I think it is based off of revenue.
    09-21-09 08:22 AM
    I would like verizon to come out with more better monthly plans.
    09-21-09 09:30 AM
    More better?

09-21-09 09:41 AM
    *snickers*
    thought the same thing...
    09-21-09 10:04 AM
    im def NOT a vip customer. i am however looking at the tour, but my contract isnt up til next october. is there a way to maybe extend my contract longer and pay less than the retail price for the phone? or should i just..look on ebay or something for an unlocked tour or something? any advice would be very helpful! thanks so much ladies and gents!
    09-21-09 06:25 PM
    orrr can i just ***** and moan and threaten to cancel? and theyll hook me up? (ive been having problems lately anyways, and battery pulls and re-loading software doesnt work)
    09-21-09 06:32 PM
    orrr can i just ***** and moan and threaten to cancel? and theyll hook me up? (ive been having problems lately anyways, and battery pulls and re-loading software doesnt work)
    I don't know why everyone seems to think that that plan is so original. Its not.

09-21-09 07:52 PM
    Go to verizonwireless.com and sign up for "my Verizon." That lets you view and pay your bill online, along with the ability to do some other things. "My Verizon" customers also can do an annual upgrade. You can get a new phone every year at the promo price just my signing a new contract. That would be much cheaper and easier than breaking your current contract and you wouldn't have to get a new number either.
    If you happen to be a VIP customer, you can do the annual upgrade and get an extra $50 off.
    I'm pretty sure that just signing up for "My Verizon" doesn't automatically allow you to upgrade annually. Can anyone confirm?

Only plans >= $49.99 allow for an annual upgrade.
    09-22-09 08:27 AM
    I'm pretty sure that just signing up for "My Verizon" doesn't automatically allow you to upgrade annually. Can anyone confirm?

Only plans >= $49.99 allow for an annual upgrade.
    hmm I thought it was $69.99, but I may be wrong.
    09-22-09 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD