I have a bb bold with vzw and my VVM isn't working. My phone is telling me it is unable to retrieve messages from the server and asking if I would like to call my vmail. It was working yesterday. Anyone know if this is a problem on verizon's end? Anyone else having this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-10 09:16 AM
    I'm asking around with some VZW techs I know for you.
    07-15-10 10:30 AM
    I'm asking around with some VZW techs I know for you.
    OH Pee Kay....our hero.....

07-15-10 12:21 PM
    And in walks one, WELL, are there any reports SM?

Anyways I got with a former tech and she said try rebooting, which is a battery pull, also we might try reinstalling VVM, but first lets try a battery pull which will reboot your device.
    07-15-10 02:00 PM
    And in walks one, WELL, are there any reports SM?

Anyways I got with a former tech and she said try rebooting, which is a battery pull, also we might try reinstalling VVM, but first lets try a battery pull which will reboot your device.
    I didn't hear of any issues yesterday. I can check today. Try an uninstall/reinstall of the app. I have seen that issue once before because VVM wasn't provisioned correctly in the switch. So if the reinstall doesn't do anything call Tech.
    07-15-10 02:12 PM
    Yes, just heard back from someone on duty, they check the board and there are no reported outages. They also suggested the reinstall. If you are unsure of how to do it, might be best to have a verizon tech walk you thru it, give a call to 1 -800-922-0204
    07-15-10 02:56 PM
    Got it to work with uninstall reinstall. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-10 07:56 PM
    07-17-10 09:01 PM
    i really dont mean to hijack this thread, but my regular voice mail is not working correctly. ever since i switched to my 3rd refurb tour i have to retype my password 3x to get it work. it asks for the pin and i input XXXX the #, then she says im sorry thats not correct, i type it again and either the 3rd or 4th time it works. no i dont fat finger type the wrong number ive even tried pressing the numbers with a stylus and no luck. what should i try? again dont mean to hijack this thread
    07-18-10 08:24 PM
    I figured this one out, and discussed in an earlier thread. You must set VVM to store messages on device memory. By default it stores messages on the SD memory card if one is present when the software is installed. For whatever reason, it won't work, and gives exactly the problem described above. The setting is in Options within VVM. Change it to device memory, close the application, and restart.
    07-19-10 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD