One of my lines on the Family plan upgrade date has been changed as of a few weeks ago to a later date in 2011. It was showing an upgrade date for June 2010. This is on an old Alltel plan, and the line was upgraded last year in July. I thought it was weird that they were giving this line an early upgrade, but thought I'd use it to get a new phone this summer. Now that idea is shot down! Question: Was this a mistake by VZN and they just corrected it, OR was their a change in policy I was unaware of?????
    07-08-10 09:57 PM
    It sounds like a mistake unless someone else used that upgrade. All Alltell plans were given early upgrades to get everyone switched to Verizon phones and plans.
    07-08-10 10:05 PM
    No upgrades on any line except mine (last Nov.) I am the primary account holder, so I know exactly what was done/when. This line is used by my son. He *was* going to upgrade from an Alltel phone to a Verizon phone this summer until I told him they had changed his upgrade date. I got to thinking about it, and decided to ask the experts on here.
    Thanks for your reply. I'll call them tomorrow and find out what is going on.
    07-08-10 10:10 PM
    Visited my Verizon store today. The online upgrade info is wrong. According to the rep, I am eligible on 2 of my lines for an upgrade....as I had thought. She said I could do it in the store or over the phone.
    While I was there, I mentioned that my Eris was getting slow...so after she looked at it for a minute, she said "let me just send you a new one, ok"?? It will be here on Tues.
    07-09-10 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD