I have been getting several calls not going through. People say they have called me and I have no missed calls. I did a search and came up with nothing I have storm with .148 and this has really only been happening since I switched from pearl to storm I hade been through 2 storms and still having problems I have done *228 several times sent hrt's and all any ideas? My service is decent I live in greenville sc and have great service anywhere. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 06:55 PM
    This may not be a device issue. I would call VZW and have them review the account as well.
    07-29-09 07:13 PM
    Just curious what about the account do you think it would be? And of course I just called and I have to call from a different phone. I will have to try tomorrow.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by justinb2001; 07-29-09 at 07:19 PM.
    07-29-09 07:17 PM
    do you have issues making calls in the area at all? it seems as if for some reason the device isn't pulling in the best signal therefore you phone doesn't ring when they call..therefore, no missed call but they leave a voicemail so you get the notification..i would see if anyone else in your area with verizon has issues where you are and if not..it might be time for another replacement due to poor reception
    07-29-09 07:18 PM
    Everywhere else is great. The thing is I set my phone to where I get 4 bars full data and it still does it. Twice this evening. Ugh. Ill call vz tomorrow. I'm tired of changing devices new pins get old real quick. Thanks again.

07-29-09 07:29 PM
    I've had the same issue this week...

My husband and I both have BBs while my daughter has a LG. All of us have had issues getting voice mails without missed calls.

I'll be interested to hear if you find out anything. I haven't called yet, but may end up having to.
    07-29-09 08:04 PM
    I will update tomorrow.

07-29-09 08:07 PM
    Wouldn't be so bad but sweetie thinks I'm ignoring her. She says it rings like normal then Voicemail.

07-29-09 08:11 PM
    Just curious what about the account do you think it would be? And of course I just called and I have to call from a different phone. I will have to try tomorrow.
    Thank you.
    On account there are couple of thisngs that can be reset that can help the issue. One thing I have noticed when people tell their phone only rings twice before going to VM. They all appear to have a very long ringtone. Keep in mind that this tone may equal 2-3 rings of normal tone, thereby giving illusion that the phone only rings twice. Just a thought.
    07-29-09 08:17 PM
    Hmmm. I will def call them. Everyone says it rings like normal I don't have any ringback tones or anything funky like that.

07-29-09 08:24 PM
    Hmmm. I will def call them. Everyone says it rings like normal I don't have any ringback tones or anything funky like that.

SO, then if you are not hearing anything, are you sure your profile is not set to silent? Also again would be good to have tech review the account and trouble shoot the issue.

Let us know the outcome.
    07-29-09 08:34 PM
    Haha yeah I have the loud profile on, I'm never showing a missed call. For instance someone calls me, to them it rings just like normal I don't answer and it goes to Voicemail. I get the Voicemail notification but never a missed call. So if they don't leave a message I never know they call or did call. No telling how many calls I'm realt missing. Will post tomorrow morning

07-29-09 08:44 PM
    SO, then if you are not hearing anything, are you sure your profile is not set to silent? Also again would be good to have tech review the account and trouble shoot the issue.

Let us know the outcome.
    Silent ringtone setting will still indicate a missed call.

We must remember that the missed call notification is device generated, not network generated. If your phone is off or not receiving a signal, you will not get the notice.

A few things to check for:

1) Is your PRL up to date? *228, Option 2.

2) Are you in a marginal coverage area or indoors? I know most people don't wander around looking at their signal meter, but there could be areas of your home or work with marginal coverage. In my home, with the amplifier off, I get full signal in some rooms, none in others.

3) How old are your phones? Some phones, BlackBerrys in particular, have radio issues than many people miss or blame on other causes. Sometimes the signal indicator will show a drop in bars, other times it won't. On BlackBerrys, while the symptoms are degenerative, you can suffer intermittent radio failures out of the box. These get worse as the device ages.

4) There could be a switch or routing problem. This is where a call is processed normally, but the system doesn't find your phone & the call ends up triggering the conditional forward to VM. This could be tied to 1 & 2 above, but can also be a programming issue - either line or account-based. A call to VZW tech can start the troubleshooting for this. Just know the problem could be transient. It occasionally happens on all carriers and is sometimes related to network traffic volume.

It could be a combination of the above, so don't stop at one if that one fixes your issue. Update that PRL regularly and pay attention to the signal around the house.

Before I installed my amplifier system, I thought my bedroom was a strong signal zone. The problem I discovered was that the corner I had my charging cradles in suffered from a transient issue. When the air conditioning kicked on or when my computer network went into overnight backup processing, signal would drop to zero in that corner after a few minutes. I was able to determine this by reviewing signal logs - something most people do not have the ability to do - then duplicating events that coincided with the signal failures. I moved the cradles 10 feet and the problem vanished.

Now, with the amplifiers, I get signal anywhere in the house, but it took five base tranceivers & recent unsatisfactory trials of several femto devices to do it.

07-29-09 08:58 PM
    Great post. 1 I do regularly 2 my coverage is awesome its not the best in certain spots I have found the sweet spots. I have never gotten in depth as far as watching closely on signal. My device is about a month old, had it replaced due to speaker bustage. but when I call tomorrow I hope I can get this figured out. Thank you very much for that last bit of insight.

07-29-09 09:11 PM
    it happens to me once in a while

Mike
    07-29-09 09:30 PM
    We must remember that the missed call notification is device generated, not network generated. If your phone is off or not receiving a signal, you will not get the notice.
    A small gsm carrier in MT (Cellular One MTPCS)has a neat feature that I wish all the carriers had. Its called caller ID notification. It will send a text message to you of the number that tried to call you if your phone is off or out of signal area. Very handy especially in MT, like going up the mountains for a couple days and coming back to service area you will get a text messages telling you the number and the time for each time somebody called you even if there's not voicemail left. This can be turned off in the voicemail settings.

In my home, with the amplifier off, I get full signal in some rooms, none in others.
    Do you live in a bunker? I have a feeling your house may not be the norm as far as radio frequencies and other wireless networks are concerned

Before I installed my amplifier system, I thought my bedroom was a strong signal zone. The problem I discovered was that the corner I had my charging cradles in suffered from a transient issue. When the air conditioning kicked on or when my computer network went into overnight backup processing, signal would drop to zero in that corner after a few minutes. I was able to determine this by reviewing signal logs - something most people do not have the ability to do - then duplicating events that coincided with the signal failures. I moved the cradles 10 feet and the problem vanished.

Now, with the amplifiers, I get signal anywhere in the house, but it took five base tranceivers & recent unsatisfactory trials of several femto devices to do it.
    ^^ See I told you it wasn't the norm lol
    07-30-09 12:07 AM
    There is an option when you call your voicemail to do this. At the main menu, press 2. You will be prompted to record your message and press # when done. When you press # you will be prompted to enter the destination phone number.
    Last edited by jahoobob; 07-30-09 at 12:20 AM.
    07-30-09 12:09 AM
    A small gsm carrier in MT (Cellular One MTPCS)has a neat feature that I wish all the carriers had. Its called caller ID notification. It will send a text message to you of the number that tried to call you if your phone is off or out of signal area. Very handy especially in MT, like going up the mountains for a couple days and coming back to service area you will get a text messages telling you the number and the time for each time somebody called you even if there's not voicemail left. This can be turned off in the voicemail settings.)
    That would be a nice feature, but can you imagine the howls from people hit with texting fees sans plan?

Do you live in a bunker? I have a feeling your house may not be the norm as far as radio frequencies and other wireless networks are concerned)
    I have radio suppression in my workshop, some scramblers (both for work), a fully finished basement, gigabit networking, centrally controlled house & entertainment systems, a game room that rivals a commercial coin arcade (I have a weakness for old pinball machines & model trains) and a sound-proofed indoor shooting range, with a full reloading shop where I can even cast my own bullets.

Needless to say, I make the government nervous.

^^ See I told you it wasn't the norm lol
    I never claimed to be normal.

07-30-09 12:26 AM
    Hey, I called this mornin and we went through a few things and I entered a new a-key which reset my phone and she said that should take care of it we shall see over the next few days. Btw very good customer support she was friendly and talkative. She was a crackberrian too. Thanks again to her hope she will see this post.

07-30-09 07:20 AM
    And it does it again!!! Wtf. I guess I'm gonna have to look at the device now

07-30-09 04:55 PM

07-30-09 04:56 PM
    That would be a nice feature, but can you imagine the howls from people hit with texting fees sans plan?

All their plans include free incoming text just for that very reason I believe.
    07-30-09 07:08 PM

That's where I'd look - but didn't you say other phones on your account are doing the same thing? If not, maybe a memory issue is corrupting something?

All their plans include free incoming text just for that very reason I believe.
    As it should be. Incoming text doesn't need to be charged.

Well, now that I think about it, that would leave a big hole for online text messaging to exploit.

07-30-09 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD