Is there anyway to stop getting the text message each time I get a voicemail? Is the VM icon not enough? Why do we need more? Anyway, I did a search bu. Had a crap load of results. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 11:27 PM
    If you find out not on here please
    Post. I wonder the same thing.

E

04-18-09 03:52 AM
    lucky you, i dont even get the VM icon, so i have no idea when i get voicemails!
    04-18-09 04:55 PM
    lucky you, i dont even get the VM icon, so i have no idea when i get voicemails!
    You should get this icon, chances are that the setting in VZW system may have dropped off. It is a simple fix for them if you want this icon again. it is called MWI (message waiting indicator)
    04-18-09 04:58 PM
    I believe you can turn it back on within your VM settings.

04-18-09 05:37 PM
    I believe you can turn it back on within your VM settings.

Yep it's in administrative options.
    04-18-09 05:39 PM
    whats that under?
    04-19-09 01:22 PM
    In your VM there's a personal options menu...you can turn message waiting indicator off, but I'm not sure if that will also prevent the icon from appearing saying you have a new message.
    04-19-09 01:33 PM
    ok thanks! i tried putting the indicator on, so i guess we'll see.
    04-19-09 01:51 PM
    In your VM there's a personal options menu...you can turn message waiting indicator off, but I'm not sure if that will also prevent the icon from appearing saying you have a new message.
    The setting within the personal or admin options sends a signal to your phone. This can be turned on or off, although I am not sure why you would want it off (nor do I care, so please no diatribes as to reasons why you may have it off).

The way the phone handles that signal is within the phone itself. BlackBerrys light the indicator & then show it as a message within the message system. I don't believe you can change this behavior without third-party software.

04-19-09 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD