While updating my voicemail I came across a fax option and I know nothing about it. I searched and Verizon has a small blurb about it but its not all that helpful. Does anyone know how this works, or maybe a link to info about this? Also there was another option for personal operator, again I know nothing about it. Any info would be great!

Here is the link to the only info I could find about fax/personal operator.

Setting Voice Mail options
    Last edited by cenloe; 05-29-09 at 02:23 PM.
    05-29-09 02:20 PM
    I think how it works is that if someone sends a fax to your cellphone you can then in turn send it from your cellphone to a fax machine...
    05-29-09 05:44 PM
    I think how it works is that if someone sends a fax to your cellphone you can then in turn send it from your cellphone to a fax machine...
    Hmmmm...Kinda weird that there is no info on this whatsoever. You would think Verizon would have some more details about this somewhere online.
    05-29-09 07:34 PM
    I know voicemail fax option from Popfax.com internet fax service. This feature allows you to receive incoming voice messages on your Popfax number and to listen to them from your Popfax account, from the attachment to the alert email, or from a phone by calling your Popfax number and typing in your access code. Your Popfax Voice Mail allows you to receive up to 50 messages of 2 minutes each.
    03-23-11 05:33 PM
    I know voicemail fax option from Popfax.com internet fax service. This feature allows you to receive incoming voice messages on your Popfax number and to listen to them from your Popfax account, from the attachment to the alert email, or from a phone by calling your Popfax number and typing in your access code. Your Popfax Voice Mail allows you to receive up to 50 messages of 2 minutes each.
    I'm not wanting to sound like a smartalec here (and not wanting to hijack the thread too badly), but rather than use the Popfax voicemail feature, why wouldn't people just leave voicemail on your phone's voicemail system instead of calling a fax number to leave a message? I must be missing something.

As to Cenloe's original question, I don't know anything about the fax/operator system that their offering. I do, however, use eFax at work and think it's a pretty handy system -- they offer both paid and free options depending on your required fax volume.
    03-24-11 08:11 PM
    While updating my voicemail I came across a fax option and I know nothing about it. I searched and Verizon has a small blurb about it but its not all that helpful. Does anyone know how this works, or maybe a link to info about this? Also there was another option for personal operator, again I know nothing about it. Any info would be great!

Here is the link to the only info I could find about fax/personal operator.

Setting Voice Mail options
    The fax as someone mentioned, allows someone to send a fax to your voicemail box, which you then in turn can forward to a fax machine whenever you are near one or have one available. Doesn't make much sense to me because if you have a fax to send it to, you probably would have them call it directly. I think it might be for possible people that don't have a permanent fax line (aka home phone doubles as a fax or might have to take to kinkos to receive a fax or something) so it allows you to receive a fax whenever it's convenient for the other party to send, and then you in turn can have it sent to the appropriate fax machine when you have it available to you.

The personal operator is essentially an optional call forwarding. If someone gets your VM box, there will be a prompt that will say to be Xferred to a personal operator, press 0. If someone does that, it will just forward the call to another phone number. It's not an immediate call forwarding, but a user picked call forwarding essentially. Hope this helps.
    03-24-11 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD