Stupid question but on vzw can you not surf the internet and have a voice call at the same time?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 02:00 AM
    I don't believe so. I think web browsing uses to much data and that the days used exceeds the 3g limit. However that may change once vzw implements their 4g but even then its still hard to tell. I think only thing days wise that can be done while on a phone call would be sending picture/video messages and sending/recieving bbms.

02-19-09 02:04 AM
    I don't believe so. I think web browsing uses to much data and that the days used exceeds the 3g limit. However that may change once vzw implements their 4g but even then its still hard to tell. I think only thing days wise that can be done while on a phone call would be sending picture/video messages and sending/recieving bbms.

I could on att 3g but wasn't sure if vzw was the same

02-19-09 02:11 AM
    Oh well in that case I may be wrong. Not to sure how exactly 3g works what I know is just from what I read. So I guess I would be very intrigued to know the answer as well since I will be completely Verizon before to long.

02-19-09 02:14 AM
    EvDO is Evolution for Data Only or Optimized, depending on the source of the definition. But by definition can only support data, or voice on 1x, but not simultaneously.

AT&T's HSDPA 3G on the Bold can support simultaneous voice/data.

02-19-09 02:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD