does anyone know of any way to get around the fact that vzw charges you minutes when u check ur vm. i think it is absolutely ridic but their service is so damn good i live with it.
    10-11-08 11:52 PM
    does anyone know of any way to get around the fact that vzw charges you minutes when u check ur vm. i think it is absolutely ridic but their service is so damn good i live with it.

All you have to do instead of calling *86 for your voicemail
    Call your actually cell phone number
    Works for me
    10-12-08 12:15 AM
    hmmmm my vm number in my speed dial list IS my phone number. how did that happen?
    10-12-08 02:04 AM
    hmmmm my vm number in my speed dial list IS my phone number. how did that happen?
    I have no Idea, but I don't use my speed dial shortcut, I have my number saved in my contacts and just call that to be sure I'm not calling the *86
    10-12-08 02:18 AM
    This is how it works on a BB. If you press and hold the number 1 from the main screen, it will dial VM, unless you modified the speed dials
    10-12-08 07:43 AM
    Doesn't matter how you dial it. You will get charged for it.
    10-12-08 12:54 PM
    I did not know they did that, never paid any attention to it.

This is how it works on a BB. If you press and hold the number 1 from the main screen, it will dial VM, unless you modified the speed dials
    And you can program it to dial your password, so all I do is hold down 1 and it does the rest.

Doesn't matter how you dial it. You will get charged for it.
    It would not be Big Red if they did not charge you
    10-12-08 01:32 PM
    yes you can program your VMpasswrod so you do not have to dial it. go into your call log. Menu>options>voicemail and enter your password on the password line.
    10-12-08 03:32 PM
    well civic is the man and he says you get charged for it either way so im going with him.

i would think that dialing your number would be an in network call but i guess not.
    10-12-08 06:00 PM
    He is correct. Anytime you dial youtr VM it goes against minutes.
    10-12-08 06:34 PM
    Check your voicemail from a landline, or on nights and weekends.

Maybe not ideal but a suggestion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-08 06:45 PM
    I hear you chrisy. Thing is for most that the times that you do no have access to a landline are the times when you don't have free minutes.
    10-13-08 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD