Has anyone had any succsess with this app. I got it tonight and uhm, wow not impressed,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 07:19 PM
    I played with it for a while on my old curve. It worked ok, was not really impressed myself.
    03-25-09 07:36 PM
    I had it on my curve for a while and played around with it for a few days but ended up deleting it after a few weeks. Really didn't thing it was of much use to me. The voice recognition was better than anything I have tried before but was more of a novelty thing. If it worked with other apps for entering in text I'd probably try it again.

03-25-09 09:07 PM
    I'm not personally a fan of it. I have AP, E!, ESPN, and TMZ icons for my news fix
    vlingo, not viigo. Vlingo uses voice recognition to type for you, such as in an email or text message.
    03-26-09 12:42 AM
    Lol... Ok that was funny

03-26-09 05:14 AM
    I love vlingo its great for texting.

03-26-09 05:40 AM
    Not a fan of talking like a robot!
    03-26-09 01:10 PM
    I prefer Yahoo's One search for voice.

03-26-09 01:11 PM
    I use it while driving. I can say "open media" without looking at the menu, I can never find the media icon, vlingo finds it every time.

I also use it to text while driving. It's not very accurate, but I can't type and drive at the same time at all. (I'd have to put down my sandwich and coffee).
    03-27-09 12:09 AM
    I like it, it's been pretty accurate for myself and makes it much easier. Not all the words are spot on for texting, but it's been good for me.
    03-27-09 09:27 AM
    I just got it yesterday and have used it for opening apps, replying to texts, and a few other things, mostly while driving. It was fairly accurate for texts but I did speak slower.

03-27-09 09:36 AM
    I use quick launch and have it set to the left convenience key.is there anyway to have vlingo operate not using a convenience key?
    03-27-09 05:28 PM
    Has anyone had any succsess with this app. I got it tonight and uhm, wow not impressed,
    I am with you there. The only time I hated my Curve was in three tries to like vlingo. Slow, inaccurate and a resource hog. As others have said, a novelty, not a decent tool.

When you think about it, it really can't be more than that. It took PC processor speeds & available RAM to be much greater than a BlackBerry has to be more than just a rudimentary application.

On a BlackBerry, you have background sounds that throw it off, voice inflections it won't recognize and bodily sounds that send it out of kilter.

I got rid of it three times. No more.

03-27-09 05:49 PM
    Yup I did the same thing, thid was secound attempt and secound delete

03-28-09 03:00 PM
    I dunno what you guys are talking about..it works awesome on my storm! Still wondering if you can use it without it being on a quick key..anyone have any ideas!?
    03-28-09 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD