Overview:

A new version of the Visual Voice Mail client for the Blackberry Storm was made available on Friday, January 16, 2009, software version 1.19.6.

This new software will resolve the following visual voice mail issues customer have been experiences with the Storm:

-106 Error Issue
    -Looping Issue
    -No response to PIN

The following enhancements can be found with the VVM 1.19.6 software build:
    Prevents looping request due to Comverse user authentication errors for valid accounts, and automatically retry.

Retries for server not reachable error to VMS (Comverse/Lucent) to recover from the problem without user’s knowledge.

Maximum three consecutive retries for any VVM options ( log in, get list, save message, delete messages).

Show notification to user when user received a new voicemail via on the phone call.
    Refined required permissions and notify user when permissions are missing or VZW server is block by device firewall filter.

Application will disable compatibility mode which will prevent the application from running

Application will work when content protection is turned on, it would not work in 1.19.2 build.

Fixed the issue that deleted/saved message on TUI not reflected on application.
    Remove leading 1 when forward/compose/reply a message when the number is 11 digits and with a leading 1.

Action

To download the latest version of the VVM software:

Customer who purchase a Storm on or after 1/16/09

When the store rep activates the device through the *228 process, RIM will push the VVM client onto the device. The latest version of the client, 1.19.6 will be pushed to the device.

Customers who have a Storm, haven’t downloaded VVM, but decide they want to use VVM

Click on the VVM icon on the home screen of the device. Enter your password and go through self-provisioning. Apps Center will have the latest version of the software and install that on the device.

Customers who have a Storm and are using VVM with software version of 1.19.2 or less

The new version of the client will be available in Apps Center. Apps Center is updated weekly with new versions of applications on the Storm device.
    When new versions of the applications are available a red icon will appear on the Apps Center icon (which can be found on the home page of the device). VVM version 1.19.6 can be found in Apps Center. Subscribers will have to click on the Apps Center icon to find the new version of the VVM software.

Once you click on VVM in Apps Center, you will then be prompted with the following:

Do you want to install 1.19.6?

Do you want to overwrite 1.19.2 with 1.19.6?

Say YES to both of these questions and the new version of VVM will be downloaded onto your device.

-May be old news for some of you but i wanted to put it out here anyway.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 01-23-09 at 12:46 PM.
    01-23-09 12:41 PM
    Yes, but can we start speculating as to when it will be available for non-touchscreen devices?

I do have to say though that probably all Visual Voicemail users received this info in more than one format already.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 04:47 PM
    What i more interested in is having the updated 4.5 VZ NAV available to blackberry!

01-23-09 05:53 PM
    Upgrading to the new version may very well cripple your VVM, and there is no way to go back to 1.19.2.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/up...cemail-142307/
    01-26-09 10:03 PM
    Yes, but can we start speculating as to when it will be available for non-touchscreen devices?

I do have to say though that probably all Visual Voicemail users received this info in more than one format already.

check out YouMail ) Voicemail You Love -- download that, it's free. read about youmail first and make sure it's for you - I absolutely LOVE it. Then got to joekrill.com - VyMail - YouMail application for Blackberry devices and that's app some guy made to enable visual voice mail for free, but you need youmail first. I've been using it for a while. I love it. You will NOT be disapointed
    01-28-09 06:21 PM
    Wish I'd a read this yesterday! My only Storm user pulled the trigger on his own & VVM is broke but most of all, the user has no vm notification whatsoever now! RIM is suggesting pushing the ap from my BES, going to work on this Mon. Anyone have any idea how to get vm notification back on a Storm?
    01-31-09 02:10 PM
    I believe there is an apps icon. Should be able D/L though there.
    01-31-09 03:35 PM
    Wish I'd a read this yesterday! My only Storm user pulled the trigger on his own & VVM is broke but most of all, the user has no vm notification whatsoever now! RIM is suggesting pushing the ap from my BES, going to work on this Mon. Anyone have any idea how to get vm notification back on a Storm?
    Only way to get it back is to call VZW and remove the visual voice mail feature...I had the same problem and that fixed the problem. I'm still trying to figure out why I can't use the VVM new version...I get the IT Policy issue. Any idea?
    02-06-09 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD