09-19-09 12:03 AM
36 12
tools
    please lets not let this turn into a pi$$ing contest.
    I havent yet gotten a chance to look this site up on the infomanager. I went to the link above and see it; but obviously IM not a vip since first im a secondary line and second... we dont spend enough money.
    09-17-09 01:56 PM
    Yep, that's actually how I discovered I was a VIP, confirming my superiority over mere mortals.
    You & I don't need confirmation of that, Dodge.

i was told in store yesterday the site works only on the east...and im vip..
    Now that would explain a lot. I would be curious to find out if there is one for the southwest (different URL?) and why someone couldn't just tell us that in all the calls.

please lets not let this turn into a pi$$ing contest.
    I am male, Heather. As such, I have more range than mere mortal females.
    I havent yet gotten a chance to look this site up on the infomanager.
    Well, get cracking woman! Pull up that Infomanager & see what you can find!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 02:06 PM
    i was told in store yesterday the site works only on the east...and im vip..
    this makes sense, because the ne usually means northeast, however, i am in northeast area, and when i tried the link, it said it was not available, and I copied and pasted it verbatim
    09-17-09 02:14 PM
    Okay Twins;
    I told you I would research this. Obviously I couldnt log in to the vip site myself which I contributed to my non-vip status.
    HOWEVER; I think someone else mentioned it before but here is what it states.
    NE customers may access benefits via www.verizonwirelessvip.com
    NE and west customers can call their respective CMOs
    (will give phn number if needed)
    ALL AREAS- can visit vzw corp store.
    ALL AREAS-can call customer service.

This is the only things my articles tells me save some links for offers and guidelines yada yada.

SEE I learned something new today!!!!
    09-17-09 03:29 PM
    Right...
    It appears that the website may only be accessed by customers in the NE...
    09-17-09 04:00 PM
    I think that's bunk but perhaps it hasn't been expanded to include everyone yet.
    I'd say probobly will someday.
    However, just the fact that you guys got the runaround instead of the rep simply putting "vip website" into infomanager is ridiculous.
    I'm sure if you had just gotten a straight "I don't know but I'd be happy to look it up for you" statment would have made your nerves a lot less stretched.
    I didn't know a vip website existed and I've been working the NE queue for almost a year.

09-17-09 04:11 PM
    Heh - I already knew about the verizonwireless/vip site - it is just the public information available in the brochure.

Now the really odd thing is, I mentioned I am not VIP, as I am on special accounts. Yet when I enter my personal account number & bill ZIP, I can get in & I am able to confirm what ekyle125 mentioned - it isn't anything special.

What I need to do now is enroll in a geography class - for nearly six decades, I never realized Arizona was actually in the Northeast. What a fool I've been.

09-17-09 04:19 PM
    Twins,

As I've stated in another thread, the VIP program is NOT going away. Its simply not being proactively mentioned/maintained. If you are aware of the program and you ask for it, you get it, simple as that.
    09-17-09 05:03 PM
    Two different phone reps told me I wasn't a vip, but i stopped at my local brick-and-mortar, and a salesperson different from the one i normally work with advised me i was a vip, but looked at me like i was crazy.
    09-17-09 05:32 PM
    As a VIP, I am sometimes able to get the discount on accessories through verizonwireless.com, although it is never consistent.

I recently visited a VZW store in Portland and was able to not only receive a nice discount on an accessory, but I was also able to charge it to my account. I was also able to do that with the two Tours I purchased. Not sure if any of this is related to being a VIP, or if just anyone can do it.

Oh, I was not able to get into the VIP site either.
    09-18-09 01:14 PM
    As a VIP, I am sometimes able to get the discount on accessories through verizonwireless.com, although it is never consistent.

I recently visited a VZW store in Portland and was able to not only receive a nice discount on an accessory, but I was also able to charge it to my account. I was also able to do that with the two Tours I purchased. Not sure if any of this is related to being a VIP, or if just anyone can do it.

Oh, I was not able to get into the VIP site either.
    I remember being able to charge new phones to my account years ago when I was with AT&T and then Nextel, but Verizon never let me do it. They also wouldn't honor my discount on accesories in store, only online, even though the info packet I have from Verizon reguarding it says in store and online. After the 2nd attempt, I just got tired of argueing with them and just buy online. It's free shipping anyway.
    09-19-09 12:03 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD