09-19-09 01:03 AM
36 12
tools
    Okay VZW reps - here's a question for you.

Just got off the phone with a family member who has been told their account is VIP enrolled & has been for several years. This much we've confirmed. The problem is, when he goes to the VIP site @ http://www.vzwshop.com/NEVIP/VIPSelection.aspx he is told his phone number is not on file, nor are any of the other numbers on his account - two family share plans on the account - main account & sub-account

That URL does get redirected to http://www.verizonwireless.com/NEVIP/VIPSelection.aspx

It tells him to call 800-477-7752 where they have again confirmed his VIP status, but tell him he has to call 611 (or they will xfer him). When he gets there, they confirm his status & email him his VIP welcome letter, but no one can fix his login.

Any ideas as to who he can call to fix this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 05:17 PM
    If this is a website problem and CSR cannot get it resolved, they might want to look into the the e-services group. This group can handle issues with websites for VZW, or so someone told me.
    09-15-09 06:01 PM
    If this is a website problem and CSR cannot get it resolved, they might want to look into the the e-services group. This group can handle issues with websites for VZW, or so someone told me.
    And is there a public number I can give him?

09-15-09 07:00 PM
    I will have to ask a rep that I know, if there is there one. If not any CSR should be able to xfer him to them.
    09-15-09 07:32 PM
    E-services: 800-350-2830 opt 1

09-15-09 07:36 PM
    E-services: 800-350-2830 opt 1
    Perfect - thanks for the help, guys!

09-16-09 09:41 AM
    Wow, I'm a VIP and I didn't even know it!
    09-16-09 12:38 PM
    Did you try logging into that site? My buddy can't & VZW is loaded with complete & total dopes. Not all, mind you - just many. Or possibly most.

In an episode that proves carrier customer service sucks, my buddy tried that number. They saw the site but couldn't help. They transfered him to 611 who wanted to send him a VIP brochure. So he tried again - again, they transferred him to 611 who again wanted to send him a brochure. Both times, he said he told them he had the brochure - that he didn't want the brochure, he just wanted a login. So he tried a third time & was hung up on. Then in a fit of hilarity, his fourth try ended abruptly when his VZW phone dropped the call. Do VZW reps ever call you back? Of course not - they are too happy to get you off the line.

Bizarre thing - he received three separate emails with the brochure after telling them he didn't want another brochure.

He stops by my office this afternoon on other matters. In our conversation, he detailed his fun through the wonderful world of VZW Customer no-Service & general ineptitude. I told him I could help - we called on speakerphone & he again explained the situation. One of my guys came in while we were in the queue & we explained to him what we were doing. He mentioned he never had issues using the VIP site, login or otherwise. The person we were speaking with needed the URL repeated about six times, then said he got the site & was unable to use my buddy's number/ZIP to login, but that customer care could fix it. He assured us the office he was sending us to was above 611 & we were again on hold. After about 10 minutes (real, as timed on the phone), he came back with a woman on the phone. He said he explained the situation to this rep & she said she would be able to assist. He didn't give us her name, nor did he thank us for calling. He didn't even thank us for holding. Once he was off the line, new rep immediately started in explaining VIP - straight from the brochure. She then told us we didn't need to log in anywhere, that all VIP benefits were automatic. We again explained the reason for the call - she was stumped & told us the site we were telling her about didn't exist. Funny, because I was sitting there pulling it up - plain as day a VZW site. Checked all the major search sites (even Google) for "Verizon Wireless VIP" and up top was the exact same link. But she told us it didn't exist - that either we didn't know what we were talking about or we were at a spoofed site.

Nope - checked the site IP, URL, source & file structure. Even used the Verisign link to authenticate. All VZW.

She then went robotically back into her brochure spiel. I got tired of it & disconnected the call, which perturbed my friend.

By this time, we had notes from reps in Bellevue, WA, SLC, UT, Chandler, AZ, Irvine, CA & more. Not an outsourced rep in the bunch.

I called my account manager, who couldn't help me - he knew of the site, but they don't deal with VIP or online logins. He gave me the same EiServices login kindly provided above. So we were back at square one.

One more try & we got the exact same runaround, but this time the person asked to put us on hold while he checked further. Should have known we were getting a blind transfer back into 611. This time it was another Chandler rep who ended up telling us we had to be lying, that no such site exists & we needed to quit trying to pull a fast one. I cut in, demanded a supervisor & we were disconnected.

When my buddy left, he asked me about AT&T. It looks like VZW Customer no-Service may have lost another customer. And, frankly, if I didn't have contracts & ties, I might be going with him.

Hey VZW haters - still think I am a fanboy? Carrier CS is mostly for dopes who don't know any better or don't know what real service is. Walmart has better service than VZW.

09-16-09 11:42 PM
    One other thing - he got two more brochures from the calls we made.

So much for listening & giving customers what they want.

09-16-09 11:44 PM
    *blinks*
    You want me to be completely honest? I'm soo sorry your friend went through that. Not sure about my collegues here, but asked a couple collegues and my supervisor about the sight and they all looked at me as if I had grown horns.
    I honestly hadn't been aware of a vip site. That's awsome, and I believe you... I'll have to dig something up in infomanager tomorrow.
    *scratches head*

09-17-09 12:04 AM
    *blinks*
    You want me to be completely honest? I'm soo sorry your friend went through that. Not sure about my collegues here, but asked a couple collegues and my supervisor about the sight and they all looked at me as if I had grown horns.
    I honestly hadn't been aware of a vip site. That's awsome, and I believe you... I'll have to dig something up in infomanager tomorrow.
    *scratches head*
    You know what, Heather? If anyone had responded the way you just did, there wouldn't have been an issue.

If it is a new site, fine. If it is an old site, get rid of it. But don't act as if it is the customer who is crazy.

Hey guys, everyone here is stumped - can I promise you I will find out & get back with you in X amount of time?

One of my thoughts is that the site may be new - as there is a redirect from VZWShop. Then again, it may have been around awhile, evidenced by the redirect. If it is too old, why the redirect?

It makes no sence & whomever trains customer service people at VZW needs to do a whole lot more than simply teaching people how to blow smoke up the customers' skirts with that worn out & extremely cheesy "thanks for being the best part of Verizon Wireless."

Words are cheap - but thanks for showing me some people at VZW actually have a clue. I want to switch and it wasn't even my problem!

09-17-09 12:28 AM
    I looked into this a couple of weeks ago after reading about it on the forums. I called CS and spoke with a very nice rep(as they have all been) and was told she would forward it to that Dept. And I should be receiving a confirmation email in a couple of days. Well several days went by and nothing. I called CS again and the rep. nice as always didn't have clue what I was talking about so she put me on hold and spoke with a supvr. When she came back I was told that VZW was trying to get away from that program and that's probably why I never got an email. I'm cool with that if that's the case. If they do have a program I'm eligible for I would like to participate. That's all.

09-17-09 02:05 AM
    When she came back I was told that VZW was trying to get away from that program and that's probably why I never got an email.
    I appreciate your input, but from the sounds of it, you were blown off.

The VIP program has been going on for awhile now - each year the new brochures have an expiration date, which is why many look at it & claim VZW is ending the program.

In my files, I found a VIP letter dated early August - it has the URL listed above, with the claim of "get more from your Verizon Wireless VIP Program!"

I get these, yet I have no need for the VIP program. My account levels are far above the requirements, but I get prices & privileges dramatically above & beyond those granted by VIP. So much better, I could probably make a VZW rep feel like they are being ripped off.

09-17-09 02:32 AM
    Did you try logging into that site? My buddy can't & VZW is loaded with complete & total dopes. Not all, mind you - just many. Or possibly most.
    It sucks that your friend had to deal with all that. Maybe I've been really lucky, but in all of my calls to customer service, I've never had a rep who didn't know how to resolve an issue and they've also been incredibly friendly and helpful. Just yesterday I called about an extra charge on my bill that I didn't recognize. It was from a 3rd party vendor for one of those ring tone subscriptions like you see advertised on tv. I never made any purchase like this and it was obviously a mistake. The rep, Pat, took the time to explain everything to me, put a block on my account for these types of purchases, credited me the $10 and then told me that I was a VIP, explained the program and advised me that since I was only a couple months from my NE2 discount, it would be better to wait to upgrade. I wonder if there's anyway I can put in a compliment to her bosses? I knew of the VIP program, knew about annual upgrades, but didn't know I was a VIP and what exactly in entailed. I learned a lot from Pat, she was quite possibly the nicest and most informative call center rep that I've ever talked to.
    Last edited by PHLJJS; 09-17-09 at 09:37 AM.
    09-17-09 07:01 AM
    I remembered that the fist time I tried to get into it I had to use my old address's zip code. They don't have my current one in there for some reason.
    09-17-09 09:32 AM
    I remembered that the fist time I tried to get into it I had to use my old address's zip code. They don't have my current one in there for some reason.
    He might have tried that, but he has been at the same physical address for 22 years & has the same PO Box for longer. Good idea, though.

As for reps being nice - all of the ones I heard started off being very nice - it wasn't until we wanted them to deviate from their canned script & limited knowledge that they turned sour & unhelpful.

09-17-09 10:01 AM
    Hahaha I'm highly amused that you would actually consider moving to ATT. You more the anybody should know what ATT gsm/3G rural coverage is like.

It sucks that your friend went through that but there are stories like that with every carrier you'll never get away from scenarios like that

09-17-09 12:57 PM
    Not to start anything but when I try visiting that link it tells me page not found or something or another.

09-17-09 01:38 PM
    Thats cuz you're not a vip, it won't even let you go to the url.
    09-17-09 01:48 PM
    No go here.
    09-17-09 01:58 PM
    All it tells you is that you save x amount on accessories, free contact xfers, annual upgrades, etc. You can't really do anything except look for accessories on the site.

LINK: http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=bawb1E5J
    09-17-09 02:02 PM
    No go here.
    Thats ok you're a vip in our book
    09-17-09 02:02 PM
    Hahaha I'm highly amused that you would actually consider moving to ATT. You more the anybody should know what ATT gsm/3G rural coverage is like.

It sucks that your friend went through that but there are stories like that with every carrier you'll never get away from scenarios like that
    I made that comment in passing - I have lines on all the major carriers & carry their phones - this post is from a Bold, even - so I know the differences. But many folks don't know the differences & would bolt in a heartbeat.

I mean, if you were called a liar & your question wasn't answered, would you feel all warm & fuzzy toward the company responsible?

09-17-09 02:22 PM
    Did you try logging into that site?
    Yep, that's actually how I discovered I was a VIP, confirming my superiority over mere mortals.

Neener neener, all y'all.
    09-17-09 02:31 PM
    i was told in store yesterday the site works only on the east...and im vip..
    09-17-09 02:33 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD