When I called Verizon they told me they had no idea what being a VIP was. How to I claim my benefits? I pay well over the minimum price and should get the benefits. I am about to head over to a Verizon Store now, who should I talk to about it and what would I say?
    07-06-09 11:07 AM
    Aww just the customers that we love... There are minimum thresholds that you have to meet to be VIP, maybe you dont meet the criteria.
    07-06-09 11:26 AM
    When I called Verizon they told me they had no idea what being a VIP was. How to I claim my benefits? I pay well over the minimum price and should get the benefits. I am about to head over to a Verizon Store now, who should I talk to about it and what would I say?
    You have to be a customer for a year with good payment history for 6 months, no security deposit on the account and have a calling plan of $79.99 or higher per month. Add on features don't contribute to calling plan cost...so a $10 add-on text plan or a $29.99 add on for Blackberry doesn't count.

You will be enrolled automatically during the times that VZW updates the VIP list. If you are eligible, but they haven't updated the list and mailed you your info, then you aren't a VIP customer. They don't update it continuously. I think it's once a quarter or maybe once a year....not sure about that part.
    07-06-09 11:33 AM
    I think you are mistaken on the price.... Cause my plan is only 59.99..... And I am VIP. Single line though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 11:48 AM
    You have to be a customer for a year with good payment history for 6 months, no security deposit on the account and have a calling plan of $79.99 or higher per month. Add on features don't contribute to calling plan cost...so a $10 add-on text plan or a $29.99 add on for Blackberry doesn't count.

You will be enrolled automatically during the times that VZW updates the VIP list. If you are eligible, but they haven't updated the list and mailed you your info, then you aren't a VIP customer. They don't update it continuously. I think it's once a quarter or maybe once a year....not sure about that part.
    I believe it's once a year.
    07-06-09 12:28 PM
    What about Alltel conversions? I have been an Alltel customer for years. When I am converted over to VZW through the buyout will I get VIP status based on my Alltel past since VZW bought my account?
    07-06-09 12:36 PM
    According to a well respected Verizon rep and CB member, weekendbum, the VIP list is updated once a year in feb

07-06-09 12:47 PM
    I think you are mistaken on the price.... Cause my plan is only 59.99..... And I am VIP. Single line though

It's 79.99. Perhaps your VIP status is based on an older plan....but to qualify nowadays, you need to have a base 79.99 plan (plus the 6 mos blah blah stuff too).
    07-06-09 12:55 PM

$79.99: Verizon Wireless
    07-06-09 01:07 PM
    Figured it out. I was on a different plan in Feb. When they evaluated. Premium with my voyager. Then downgraded to select when I got my berry in March.

07-06-09 01:29 PM
    07-06-09 01:48 PM
    I read the FAQ but I still have a question regarding VIP. I received a mailing earlier this year for VIP membership with an expiration date of 2/2010. Yet when I go this website below, my number doesn't pull up as being in the VIP program.

https://www.vzwshop.com/nevip/default.aspx

My account is in good standing but even if my VIP membership card expires on 2/2010, can you be disqualified for the program if during the year if you drop below a $79.99 plan?
    07-08-09 08:44 PM
    What benefit of the VIP program are you trying to take utilize?

Also, if you have the card and it has your name and number on it, and the expiration date has not hit yet, bring the card into a store and it will be honored ***it can really only be honored somewhere where they can see the card, so trying for an early upgrade online to get the extra $50 off the phone might not work***
    Last edited by Lady.Khrystal; 07-08-09 at 09:14 PM.
    07-08-09 09:00 PM
    Well, I just kinda like the idea of being in the program...But if if can get me a better price on a Tour or accessories then great. But yeah, I just kind of like the idea, no biggie
    07-08-09 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD